⚽ WorldCup 2018 final, France 4 -2 Croatia ⚽ Bases to France champion World Cup 2018
The French national team were crowned world champions on Sunday, after defeating an underdog Croatian team 4-2 in the World Cup final in Moscow on Sunday. It's France's second World Cup title and its first since it hosted the 1998 tournament 20 years ago. Les Bleus manager Didier Deschamps was the captain in 1998 when his team shocked Brazil in Paris, and on Sunday he became the third to ever win the World Cup as a player and coach.
Bases to France champion World Cup 2018
1. Croatia is a team that controls the ball. Zlatko Dalic's pupils are accustomed to having the ball in their legs and waiting for loopholes in the opposing defense to make a final blow. Still, France is a pragmatist in the 2018 World Cup. Their three victories over Peru, Argentina and Belgium all come from keeping the ball in the legs less. The French way of playing is based on the certainty of the defense, before hitting the ball forward for a counterattack. The speed of Kylian Mbappe, Antoine Griezmann, and the ability to switch quickly from defense to attack will create problems for the Croatian defense
2. The tiredness of Croatia. All three matches are knockout, Croatia must play in extra time, while France neatly tackles opponents within 90 minutes. Before the final, Croatia played 90 minutes over France. Many Croatian players showed signs of being overloaded in the semi-final against England, including two strikers Ivan Perisic and Ivan Strinic. In the face of French youth, the Croatian need to do first is to minimize the weight on the legs.
3. France is good at fixed situations. The "dead ball" situation accounted for 42% of the total number of goals in the 2018 World Cup. Many teams took advantage of the dead ball to penetrate the opponent, including France. The pupils of Didier Deschamps have four of the 10 goals scored from these situations. Antoine Griezmann's foul-backs always made good use of team-mates such as Raphael Varane, Samuel Umtiti, Olivier Giroud and Paul Pogba. "The ball is dead" is Croatia's weakness when four of their five goals in Russia come from here.
4. Steady form of goalkeeper Lloris. The French captain has surpassed criticism ahead of the 2018 World Cup in style for a Tottenham shirt. Hugo Lloris caught more and more hands on the journey to the final match of the "Gaulois drum." He made seven saves for France in Russia, with two games against Uruguay and Belgium. The defenders are half the strength of the team, and on this point France can be assured.
5. Lessons from defeat in Euro 2016. Both France and France have not forgotten the 0-1 defeat to Portugal in the Euro 2016 final. Didier Deschamps said: "Not allowed to repeat the mistake" after winning Belgium in the semi-finals. Paul Pogba later admitted: "We just thought about the game against Germany, and after we beat them, we believed we would beat Portugal. "The lessons of two years ago are still valid for France, when the nine Portuguese players knew what was best for them, and we did not."
Congratulations to the French team won the championship
**image source : Reuters**
Text is my own.
Enjoy My friends!