Some time ago I wanted to find out what are the non-English language communities on Steem. And I created the post: Analysis of non-English communities on Steem. It turned out that the #myanmar community is one of the largest non-English community on Steem (in terms of number of posts added)! I thought that it's time to get to know each other better :) Especially that this year SteemFest is taking place (NOW!) in Poland, so maybe some people would like to ask questions to Polish people. This post will be entirely written in English so that both sides can understand it :)
This article will be divided into two parts:
- the first with our questions to #myanmar community
- the second with our answers to these questions
Before we get to the main part, let's look at some statistics (from 01.01.2018 to 31.08.2018).
- How would you describe the #myanmar community in a few sentences?
- Which #myanmar users are most recognized on Steem?
- What Steem projects have been created by people from your community?
- Which witnesses come from the #myanmar community
- Does the #myanmar community stick together or is it divided into many groups?
- What initiatives / principles / conventions have you developed?
- What are the biggest problems of the #myanmar community?
- What is the most popular dish from Mjanma? :)
All answers will be appreciated, even if you only know the answer to one or a few questions! :)
1: How would you describe the #polish community in a few sentences?
The #polish community may not be too big, but it is well organized. Our main channel of communication is https://steem.chat/channel/polish. Every month we have statistics that present the current state of the community: Przekrój społeczności #polish - Wrzesień 2018.
2: Which #polish users are most recognized on Steem?
- @gtg - top Steem witness, IT Wizard
- @noisy - creator of SteemProjects, WISE, witness
- @the.foodini - wants to open the world's first STEEMtruck
- @highonthehog - fantastic blogger, travels around the world
3: What Steem projects have been created by people from your community?
- WISE by @noisy
- SteemProjects by @noisy
- SteemFounders by @santarius & @nicniezgrublem
- Engrave by @nicniezgrublem
- SteemWeb by @rafalski
- SteemNova by @mys & @fervi
- Steeditor by @jakipatryk
- DGameShop & DGameLand by @fervi
- glodniwiedzy.pl by @nicniezgrublem
- gameeit by @rolsonpatison & @barbarossastudio & @nervi
4: Which witnesses come from the #polish community
5: Does the #polish community stick together or is it divided into many groups?
Despite the fact that we often argue, create different subgroups and have some dramas, as a community we rather stick together.
6: What principles / conventions / initiative have you developed?
- We have a pretty well-organized system of tags with the prefix
pl-, thanks to which Polish-language posts do not reach English-speaking recipients (it would happen if the tag is a word in both languages). The tree of tags can be seen here: https://steemweb.pl/categories.
- Each week we organize a contest in which we write posts on one of the 3 topics (which were drawn on Wikipedia): TemaTYgodnia. The initiative has been running for 53 weeks (one year!) now.
- A summary of the best articles of the week is posted by a dozen or so editors in the Tygodnik Kuratorski.
- #pl-publikacje - an initiative of writing articles promoting Steem to various newspapers
We also have many curation initiatives:
- @diosbot - bot that upvotes good articles
- WISE - system that delegates vote (not SP!) of one user to other users (experts)
- #perpetuummobile - curation system to support authors writing in some popular #polish tags
7: What are the biggest problems of the #polish community?
- decrease of activity in recent months
- there are smaller and larger dramas ;)
- people are discouraged by lower and lower rewards
Zachęcam do aktywnego udziału w dyskusji, zadawania pytań i udzielania odpowiedzi!
Previous posts from this series:
- MeetCommunity #1: Hello #spanish community!
- MeetCommunity #2: Hello #indonesia community!
- MeetCommunity #3: Hello #kr community! - no answers yet :/
- MeetCommunity #4: Hello #deutsch community!
- MeetCommunity #5: Hello #cn community! - no answers yet :/
- MeetCommunity #6: Hello #tr community!
- MeetCommunity #7: Hello #fr community!
- MeetCommunity #8: Hello #japanese community! - no answers yet :/
As in some posts there was a problem with answers, in order to encourage to answer, each answer will be rewarded with my 100% vote (~ $ 0.28) and probably with many votes from #polish community.
Of course, you can still add answers to previous posts!
The whole series will be summarized with an article comparing all the language communities that participate in this initiative.