Okay, I fell off a few days, that damn thing called life got in the way again! My memory fails me from time to time! :/ Anyways, Im gonna jump right back on like I never left. Thanks to @doomsdaychassis, Im taking part of this great challenge to relive the only good thing about high school, the music!
Lauryn freakin Hill, she was a beast! Loved her style, loved her music and loved her message!
A Muslim, sleeping with the gin
Now that was the sin that did Jezebel in
Who you gon' tell when the repercussions spin?
Showing off your ass cause you're thinkin' it's a trend
Girlfriend, let me break it down for you again
You know I only say it cause I'm truly genuine
Don't be a hard rock when you really are a gem
Baby girl, respect is just a minimum
Niggas fucked up and you still defending 'em
Now, Lauryn is only human
Todays nomination goes to @mamajeani... I know you got some good jams up your sleeve momma! :D
Here are the rules
- Choose one song from your high-school/college years.
- Write a few words about who made you listen to this song for the first time, what this song means to you (was it a breakup song? you blasted it at 100% on your audio system when you were partying with your friends?) whatever you want.
- Write your text while listening to the song. As soon as the song ends, wrap up what you where writing and submit it.
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated.
- Mention one person who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #musicwaybackchallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post.