@uwelang has nominated me for this challenge. I will not manage to cover them in a row or maybe I will, but at the moment it does not seem so even if I managed to do it now 2 days in a row. I will stick to English today. Probably the next I will translate also in German.
Let the music play.
It was the year where I've spent around about 3 months in the USA, to be more precise in New Orleans, Lousiana. It was in the summer holidays and I managed to get a scholarship for a summer school in the US. It was one of the most interesting experiences I ever had, at 15 staying at a stranger for a couple of months. The first thing I've noticed when I came out of the airport was the hot and very humid air, which is so different from what I was used to.
Being in the south you hear a lot of rock music, besides the jazz and the dixie which give New Orleans the special charm it has. One of the boys in the neighborhood was listening to the whole day to this song. We've become friends and he showed me his whole Metalica collection with all the albums from the first release. Besides rock, he had an amazing classic collection.
As he was 16 he could drive, which in Europe is almost impossible to do. He had a '79 Trans Am which was so cool for me. The song fitted to this black car perfectly.
It was the first time I canoed in the swamps which have been and still are full of alligators. Speaking of alligators, it was also the first time I've eaten cajun cuisine which contains alligator meat.
I hope I can come to visit New Orleans sometime soon again with my family.
Thank you, Uwe for nominating me.
I nominate @backinblackdevil to show us some music from his youth as I'm pretty sure it will be interesting.
- Choose one song from your high-school/college years.
- Write a few words about who made you listen to this song for the first time, what this song means to you (Was it a breakup song? You blasted it at 100% on your audio system when you were partying with your friends?) whatever you want.
- Write your text while listening to the song. As soon as the song ends, wrap up what you where writing and submit it.
- Do this for 7 days in a row if you get nominated
- Mention one person who should do this on each day.
- Tag it with #musicwaybackchallenge and include these rules at the bottom of your post