Set up your TIMM account today!
As we shared early last month, we have been in alpha testing. A special thanks goes to our alpha testers, who've provided excellent feedback. They have found several areas that needed improvement and have provided valuable input on the design. It'll always be a work in progress, but it'll be better thanks to them.
So what does it mean to open the doors to all users?
It means that, as of today, you can set up your TIMM account, link your Steem account to TIMM and use the TIMM interface for posting articles, commenting/replying, upvoting and other interaction.
How to set up an account
It's pretty simple and intuitive, especially if you've already used sites that utilize Steem Connect.
- Go to TIMM (https://mentormarket.io)
- Click on "Login" in the upper right corner, which takes you to the Sign In/Sign Up page.
- Click the green "Sign Up" button
- Provide account information (Your TIMM username can be anything, but we recommend using your Steem username to avoid confusion)
- Click the "Register" button at the bottom of the form.
- Check your email for your confirmation link. Click it!
- You'll be in and ready to proceed with your TIMM account.
Now you're ready to do one of two things. You can set up your profile or you can connect to Steem. Both options are on your profile page, found by clicking on "Menu" in the upper right and "Profile" in the dropdown.
Set up Profile
To set up your profile, simply click on the "Edit Profile" text on the left side of the screen. A form will open providing various options, including:
- Display name - This must match your username, though it can have upper case characters and spaces inserted, as long as the characters are the same as the username you used to set up your account. In other words, if you are @supercooluser, you can set up the display name to be Super Cool User. But you can't vary the characters, so Stupendous User won't be accepted.
- Bio - Share whatever you want, but please don't include links to outside services.
- First Name (Do what you want here)
- Last Name (same, and not required)
- Link to your avatar to display the image
- Location (optional)
- Top picks (These will work for everyone for now, but will only be displayed in the Premium Members' profile eventually)
- Click the "Save" button and "BOOM", you have a profile set up. If you entered top picks, you'll need to refresh the page for them to display properly.
That's it. Nothing is compulsory, so feel free to share what you want and leave the rest blank. It's for you to provide info that you want others to know. Use wisely, due to the nature of the internet.
Connect to Steem
You'll notice that there's an option to "Link Steem" on the left side as well. This only shows up if you haven't done it yet. So if you want to participate in the blog section of the site, you'll want to get that set up. It's pretty simple:
- Click "Link Steem"
- Input your account information (This is not stored by TIMM, but on your local browser. Regardless, we strongly recommend that you do NOT use your password)
- Follow the prompts
- You should be all set.
This will stay connected indefinitely, but things happen. If you find that you cannot interact with articles, please check your profile page to verify that you are connected to Steem.
Now you can fully participate in the blog content on TIMM.
- Post articles (these will go directly to the Steem blockchain. Eventually you will be able to submit market analysis to TIMM for publication)
- Upvote your favorite articles
- Comment and reply to comments in articles
- Resteem articles
More to Come!
The free blog service is just the beginning for TIMM. As our features roll out, you'll be able to engage with analysts about market conditions, sectors, techniques and more.
TIMM's Trading Pits will provide live feedback and real-time engagement.
TIMM's forums will archive data and provide insight into tools and other insights offered by Mentors
Eventually the Mentors will begin offering their private services, including newsletters, real-time interaction and webinars.
Portfolio page where personal market info and holdings can be stored and checked out at a glance.
Search ability for the services that most fit your philosophy and goals
Hopefully that gives you a little peek into where we're headed.
Until we get rolling, all Premium features will be available to everyone. Feel free to test as we go, interact or otherwise engage. We'll let you know as the next set of features rolls out.
Follow TIMM's voting trail on SteemAuto