Anti-Abuse Team Weekly Report #27
Friday - March 9th - 2018
As more and more of the actual management of the bot and it's functions becomes automated, more and more of the team is able to lend a hand in checking content and catching multiple-account abuse. This means we are seeing a much more steady increase in the numbers each week.
The details of this weeks prune of the member-list -
- 15556 Members before this week's prune was run. (1086 new accounts since last week)
- 30 Day Prune has removed 319 dead accounts. (32 more were removed this Prune.)
- This leaves our count at 15237 Members after the prune.
- ~1480 Peak Concurrent users this week. (Steady growth.)
Updated stats on Bans and Blacklist -
- 2355 Discord bans (+121 new from previous)
- 2726 accounts in total are now Blacklisted by @minnowsupport (+169 from previous!)
Member count data over time:
This shows the trend of members gained over time. I use the number of users counted after each purge each week.
Blacklist Counts by Type:
This gives a breakdown of the major categories we list an account under in our Blacklist.
New member growth is slowing a bit, but we are just about positive at this point that it has to do with more of the serial abusers realizing it won't work and giving up.
A quick review of things that get you blacklisted:
- A single image or even multiple images, with very little text or only a basic bit of information with it.
- An embedded YouTube or DTube video with zero additions to the post that provide value.
- Attempting to gain multiple upvotes outside our 1 per cool-down by any means.
- Any major violation of our community guidelines and rules. (This usually has to do with treatment of other users on the platform.)
Not all of these result in a ban from Discord since we want you to learn and improve.
Graphs always make us feel better.
If you have any questions, please contact me on MSP or MSP-Probation
MSP Moderator, Sheriff and Anti-Abuse Team Leader