Anti-Abuse Team Weekly Report #23
Saturday - February 10th - 2018
A day late as I was feeling under the weather yesterday. The numbers this week are slightly higher for having been a day late, but they are even higher than that could account for because of other factors. With the recent addition of a deputy to our lineup, and with the return of our tattle-bot informing us of any single account getting more than 1 $upvote command aimed at it inside a cool-down, we were able to catch many more people this week.
First, the stats...
The details of this weeks prune of the member-list -
- 12525 Members before this week's prune was run. (1368 new accounts since last week)
- 30 Day Prune has removed 278 dead accounts. (112 more were removed this Prune.)
- This leaves our count at 12247 Members after the prune.
- ~1270 Peak Concurrent users this week. (Slower, but consistent growth in this number.)
Updated stats on Bans and Blacklist -
- 1806 Discord bans (+220 new from previous)
- 1908 accounts in total are now Blacklisted by @minnowsupport (+320 from previous!)
Member count data over time:
This shows the trend of members gained over time. I use the number of users counted after each purge each week.
Blacklist Counts by Type:
This gives a breakdown of the major categories we list an account under in our Blacklist.
The increases to bans and blacklists was impressive. I feel we got a great handle on some back-log of Multi-account violations and really got started in on the content issues. As the bot struggled for a couple of cycles and needed a couple rest periods, we are really looking at a way to maximize the value to those that deserve the vote. We will be continuing these efforts going forward and will only get more efficient at them.
A quick review of things that get you blacklisted:
- A single image or even multiple images, with very little text or only a basic bit of information with it.
- An embedded YouTube or DTube video with zero additions to the post that provide value.
- Attempting to gain multiple upvotes outside our 1 per 24 hour cool-down by any means.
- Any major violation of our community guidelines and rules. (This usually has to do with treatment of other users on the platform.)
Not all of these result in a ban from Discord since we want you to learn and improve.
Back on track for a secure and fair free-upvote service.
If you have any questions, please contact me on MSP or MSP-Probation
MSP Moderator, Sheriff and Anti-Abuse Team Leader