Steem Total Value Powered Up - $30 million - January 15, 2023
This is next in my series of posts reviewing the amount and value of powered up STEEM on the Steem blockchain. For previous posts, see the end of this entry.
Noteworthy in the last week
- Week over week, the number of powered up STEEM increased by about 392K SP, or 0.24%.
- Over the course of the week, we saw five daily increases and one new high (today) in the number of staked STEEM. This was the first new high observed since November 19, 2022.
- The modeled value gained ground against LTC, SBD, TRX, and USD. It lost ground against BTC, ETH. Changes ranged from -1 1/2% against BTC to +21% against USD.
- Compared to the January 1, 2023 baseline, the modeled value is higher than SBD, TRX, and USD. It has lost ground against BTC, ETH, and LTC.
- This week (Sunday through Saturday) saw a total of 531K STEEM powered down, which is up by about 4 1/2% from last week's 508K STEEM (Sunday through Saturday).
Here are the numbers as-of a few minutes ago
Total value locked in powered-up STEEM (USD): $30,479,191.77
Exernal STEEM market cap (coingecko) $77,290,466.42
Internal STEEM market cap (median_price * current_supply) $73,872,900.00
Locked value in terms of other tokens:
|token||price||locked value equivalent||Jan 1, 2023||pct of Jan 1 baseline|
Here is a chart of daily changes in powered-up STEEM from April 11, 2021 to present. The graph also includes a linear trend line and a 28 day moving average.
Here are some descriptive statistics, for numbers geeks.
Today's observed value was 167,443,194, which is up by almost 400K STEEM, or 1/4% from last week's observed value. The graph remains basically flat, with a barely perceptible upslope, during recent weeks.
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM in terms of USD
In terms of USD, the value remained above the December 30, 2022 low of $23,718,335.58 and advanced by another $5 million, or 21% over last week's value.
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM in terms of Tron (TRX)
Powered-up STEEM advanced against TRX by about 14 million tokens or 3%.
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM in terms of Steem Dollars
Powered-up STEEM advanced about 600K SBDs over the last week, which is a bit over 5%
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM as a percentage of Steem's market cap
After today's observed value of 39.48% the graph was basically flat for the past four weeks, with an imperceptible upslope for the week. We have now seen 286 consecutive days above 39%; 350 consecutive days above 37%; 477 consecutive days above 35%; and 540 straight days above 1/3. Will it hold above 39? Will it climb to 40%?
*As previously reported, the big drop on December 4, 2022 was due to a correction in the value that Coingecko is getting for its circulating supply. Numbers before December 4, 2022 were based on an artificially low supply measurement.
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM in terms of bitcoin (BTC)
Powered-up STEEM lost ground by about 22 BTC, or 1 1/2% during the week.
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM in terms of Ethereum
Powered-up STEEM lost ground in the last seven days by ~70 ETH, or roughly 1/3%.
Modeled value of powered-up STEEM in terms of LTC
In the last 7 days, powered-up STEEM gained against LTC by about 16K LTC, or roughly 5%.
Daily Powerdown Activity
Here is graph with data from steemdb.io to show daily completed and pending powerdown activity. With 531K in completed powerdowns last week and 391K pending (both measured from Sunday through Saturday[GMT time zone]), we might expect powerdowns to decrease next week by about 16% or more.
The horizontal lines are the average values for completed (blue) and pending (cyan) powerdowns, and the yellow line is a 28 day moving average of completed powerdowns. "Pending" numbers now come from the Steemit API, not from steemdb.io.
Here are some descriptive statistics for the numbers geeks
|And with a total of 1,058 pending power downs (up from 1,012 last week), here are the times, dates, and amounts of the top-10|
1 2023-01-17T03:02:30 - 129,601,623 VESTS, 72,705 STEEM
2 2023-01-22T18:05:09 - 91,485,717 VESTS, 51,322 STEEM
3 2023-01-21T15:48:12 - 62,408,654 VESTS, 35,011 STEEM
4 2023-01-20T03:26:03 - 48,166,448 VESTS, 27,021 STEEM
5 2023-01-21T07:24:36 - 31,233,554 VESTS, 17,522 STEEM
6 2023-01-19T07:46:36 - 26,558,738 VESTS, 14,899 STEEM
7 2023-01-21T08:08:45 - 22,183,474 VESTS, 12,445 STEEM
8 2023-01-19T18:55:57 - 21,024,440 VESTS, 11,794 STEEM
9 2023-01-21T09:11:27 - 16,241,351 VESTS, 9,111 STEEM
10 2023-01-16T13:56:45 - 12,789,135 VESTS, 7,175 STEEM
- Reference prices for STEEM and other tokens are downloaded from coingecko.com
- Steem Total Value Powered Up - $30 million - January 15, 2023
- Steem Total Value Powered Up - $25 million - January 8, 2023
- Steem Total Value Powered Up - $24 million - January 1, 2023
For links from 2021 and 2022, see these posts:
- Steem Total Value Powered Up - $67 million - January 2,
- Steem Total Value Powered Up - $36 million - June 26, 2022
- Steem Total Value Powered Up - $26 million - December 18, 2022