Fill in the blank. (4 marks)
(1) There are _____ main types of motion.
(2) An accelerated body is one whose velocity is _____ .
(3) The unit 〖cm s〗^(-1)is the unit of _____ .
(4) If a body starts from rest , its initial velocity is _____ .
(5) The unit of speed and velocity are the _____ .
(6) If the starting point and the end point are the same , the displacement is _____ .
(7) A body with decreasing positive velocity has a _____ acceleration.
(8) _____ is the magnitude of the velocity.
(9) If a body is moving with constant velocity , its acceleration is _____ .
(10) _____ is the rate of change of velocity.
(11) The velocity of a body is decreasing is has _____ acceleration.
(12) The equation v ̅ =(v_0+v)/2 can be used when the body is moving with _____ acceleration.
(13) Displacement does not depend on the _____ travel.
(14)Speed is a _____ quantity.
(15) Velocity has both _____ and direction.
(16) The rate of change of distance travelled is called _____ .
(17) Uniform motion is motion with _____ velocity.
(18) Any change in velocity gives rise to _____ .
(19) Motion with changing velocity is called _____ motion.
(20) The change in position along a certain direction is _____ .
(21) The slope of the distance -time graph gives _____ .
(22) The grater the slope of a straight line distance-time graph , the _____ is the speed.
(23) The slope of the distance-time graph gives _____ .
(24) The slope of the velocity-time graph gives _____ .
(25) The area under the speed-time graph gives _____.
1.two 2.changing 3.acceleration 4.zero 5. same
6.zero 7.negative 8.speed 9.zero 10.acceleration
11.negative 12.constant 13.path 14.scalar 15.magnitude
16.speed 17.constant 18.acceleration 19.accelerated 20.displacement
21.speed 22.grater 23.velocity 24. acceleration 25.distance
Are the following statement True (or) False?
(1) There are two types of motion.
(2) Uniform motion is motion at constant speed.
(3) Average velocity is a vector quantity.
(4) Acceleration is a scalar quantity.
(5) Displacement is the rate of change of velocity.
(6) Acceleration has only magnitude.
(7) If the speed changes cm s-1.
(10) Motion along a straight line with constant acceleration is linear motion.
(11) When a body is in motion there is a change in position.
(12) The change in position along a certain direction is called distance.
(13) The velocity gives the speed and the direction of the body.
(14) Displacement has only magnitude.
(15) Speed is a vector quantity.
(16) Average velocity has only direction.
(17) Accels no acceleration.
(21) The speed of a body tell us how far it travels during every unit of time.
(22) The slope of the displacement time graph gives the acceleration of the body .
(23) If the speed changes, the velocity also changes.
(24) The units of speed and velocity are the same.
(25) The area under the speed-time graph gives velocity.