- The point M(0,5) bisects the line joining P(4,0)and Q(x,y), then the coordinate of Q is
A.(2,5) B.(4,5) C. (-4,10) D.(-4,-10) E.(-4,-5)
8.a and b ate two real numbers and a≠b, then the slope of the through(a,b) and (b,-a) is
A.0 B.1 C.-1 D.a/b E.b/a
- The slope of the line joining the points(x,-3) and (9,11) is 2 then x=…………
A.8 B.4 C.-4 D. 2 E.-2
- The points A(2,-2) , B(4,2) and C is any point on AB. What is the slope of AC?
A.1/2 B.1 C.2 D.-2 E.-1
11.If the points D(-4,6), E(1,1) and F(x,y) are collinear, then x+y=…………
A.2 B.1 C.3 D.-1 E.-2
- Given that the points A(-5,4), B(3,5), C(7,-2) and D(-1,-3). The measurement of the angle
between AC and BD is
A.0° B.30° C.45° D.60° E.90°
13.Given that the points P(-12,1), Q(9,3) and R(11,-18). Which of the following is true?
1.R is on PQ 2.PQ⊥QR 3.△PQR is a right triangle
A.1 only B. 2only C. 1and3 only D. 2and3 only E. 1,2 and 3
- The line containing the points (k,3) and (-2,1) is parallel to the line through (5,k) and
(1,0), then k=………
A. 4 B. 2 C. 3 D. 5 E.51/2
15.The slope of the line joining the point (2,2p) and (4,1) is -3/2. Then p=……….
A.2 B.-2 C.1/2 D.-1/2 E.2/3
- If the points (1,1),(3,2) and (9,k) are on the same straight line , then k=……..
A.4 B.5 C.6 D.7 E.21
17.The distance between the points (3,8) and (-5,-7) is
A.8 B.15 C.17 D.18 E.21
- The line 2x+3y=6 cuts the X-axis at
A. (0,3) B.(0,2) C.(0,6) D.(2,0) E.(3,0)
19.The line 3x + 4y=12 cuts the Y-axis at
A.(0,2) B.(2,0) C.(3,0) D.(0,3) E.(0,4)
- Which of the following points, lies on the line 2x+y=6?
- (1,4) 2.(0,6) 3.(2,0)
A.1 only B. 2only C. 1and3 only D. 2and3 only E. 2 and 3 only
- (1,4) 2.(0,6) 3.(2,0)
- PQRS is a rectangle with the points P(-1,0) , Q(2,0) and R(2,3). Then the coordinate of
the point S is
A.(2,5) B.(1,5) C.(-2,4) D.(-1,3) E.(2,4)
- The distance between the points (0,y) and the origin is 5. Then y=…….
A.5 B.-5 C.±5 D.25 E. undefined
23.A triangle has vertices at (-3,0), (4,0) and (0,8). The area of the triangle is
A.56 B.28 C.-4 D.-28 E. None of these
- A pairs of the points (2,-3) and (x,4) lies on the line parallel to Y-axis, then x=………
- In an equilateral △ABC, A(2,3), B(-1,-1), find BC.
A.5 B.-5 C.-3 D.-9 E.2
- If c≠ 0 and the slope of the line passing through (-c,c) and (3c,a) is 1, which of the
following is an expression for a in terms of c?
A.-3c B.-c/5 C.2c D.3c E.5c
- The coordinates of A and C are (-4,0) and (-6,0) respectively. Find the coordinate of B if
the equation of AB is y=-2x-8.
A.(0,6) B.(4,-6) C.(5,-4) D.(-6,4) E.(6,4)
28.The distance between the origin and the point (-5,12) is
A.5 B.12 C.7 D.13 E.17
- △ABC has vertices A(0,7), B(5,-5) and C(10,7). The area of △ABC is
A.50 B.60 C.80 D.6+3√2 E.9+3√2
32.The point on the X-axis which is equidistance from (4,4) and (5,3) is
A. (0,0) B.(-1,0) C.(2,0) D.(1,0) E.(3,0)
- The slope of the equation 2x-y=7 is
A. -2 B.2 C.-7 D.7 E.-7/2
34.Which of the following statement(s) is (are) true?
1.The line 2x=3 is parallel to Y-axis.
- The line x+y=2 and 2x+2y=7 are parallel.
- The distance between the points (0,3) and (0,-3) is 6.
A.1 only B. 2onlywhich is perpendicular to the line 2y=3x+4 is
A.-2/3 B.1.5 C.4 D.1/3 E.2
- The points (0,3) , (4,0) line on the line,
A.4y=3x B.3x+4y=1 C