G10, Physics First Semester Test Time Allowed (45)minutes
Answer All Questions
- Fill in the blanks. (5 marks)
(1) The unit of gravitational constant is ………. .
(2) A unit vector has the magnitude of ………. unit.
(3) Since displacement has both magnitude and direction, displacement is a ………. quantity.
(4) 1 dyne force acting horizontally on a body of mass 1 g gives it an acceleration of ……… .
(5) The unit of work in SI system is ………. .
- Is work a vector or scalar? A child pulling a toy car with a 10N force. The direction of the force makes an
angle of 20° with the horizontal plane. If the car moves 6 m, how much work does the child do?
3.Express the una constant velocity hits a wooden block of mass 3 kg and continues to travel
at a velocity of 2 ms-1 together with the block.What is the velocity of the bullet when it hits the block?
- Rewrite the relation m (v-v_0)/t αF in vector notation. A 3 ton car moving with the velocity of 30 mi h-1 is
brought to stop in 2 s. Find the resisting force of the brakes acting on the car.