Open-source project URL: https://github.com/HouzuoGuo/laitos
Latest release: https://github.com/HouzuoGuo/laitos/releases
This release brings plenty of minor enhancements and couple of new features, the highlights of which are:
- An RSS reader is now available via toolbox command interface for reading news briefing.
- Disk usage on root file system is collected for the information web page and system maintenance report.
New features in system maintenance daemon:
- The summary report is printed to standard output if there are no Email recipients.
- The initial delay is shortened from 10 minutes to 2 minutes.
- Non-essential utilities are periodically copied to temporary directory to avoid being cleaned up by operating system routine.
- System tuning and turning off swap are optionally carried out during system maintenance, they are no longer CLI parameters of the main program (-tunesystem and -swapoff).
- The component name output among log entries is decorated with a brief component configuration description, for example, entries generated by web server now mention the web server's listen address and port.
- Timed out shell commands are reliably terminated via process group.
- A program-wide 200MB temporary buffer stores outstanding outgoing mail. Once the buffer fills up, new mails will not be queued or delivered. This measure prevents a potential denial-of-service attack.