Facts and Benefits
Lime consists of mainly water and is an extremely good source of vitamin C. It is also rich in dietary fiber and minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, copper, magnesium and phosphorous. The best thing about lime is that it has least amount of calories, carbohydrates and zero fats.
Below are some of the most important benefits and usefulness of Lime.
2. Diabetes: High levels of soluble fiber found in limes make it an ideal dietary support to help regulate the body’s absorption of sugar into the bloodstream, reducing the occurrence of blood sugar spikes that are a serious risk to diabetic patients. Also, limes and other citrus fruits have a low glycemic index, which means they will not cause unexpected spike in glucose levels.
3. Constipation: Primarily, the ample amount of acid present in lime helps clear the excretory system by washing and cleaning the tracts, just as some acids are used to clean floors and toilets. The roughage in lime is also helpful in easing constipation. An overdose of lime juice with salt also acts as an excellent purgative without any side effects, thereby relieving constipation.
4. Weight loss: A glass of warm water with a full lime’s worth of juice is an excellent weight reducer as well as a brilliant refresher and antioxidant drink. The citric acid present in lime is an excellent fat burner. You can consume two glasses of warm water with lime juice a day and see remarkable results within a week.
5. Heart Disease: The high soluble fibre found in Lime can lower blood pressure and eliminate the presence of bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol). Furthermore, soluble fiber can cut down on inflammation of the blood vessels, which is a known preventative measure against heart diseases, heart attacks and strokes.
6. Skin Care: Lime juice can be consumed orally and used in topical applications. It rejuvenates the skin and protects it from infections. It also helps reduce body odor due to the presence of high amount of vitamin C and flavonoids in it. Both lime juice and lime essential oil are high in antioxidants, and have antibiotic and disinfectant properties. When applied externally on the skin, its acids scrub out dead cells, and cure dandruff, rashes and bruises. It can also be used to create a refreshing bathing experience if its juice or oil is mixed in your bath.
7. Piles: Since lime helps heal ulcers and wounds in the digestive system and excretory system while providing relief from constipation, it eradicates all the root causes of piles. Piles are a different term for hemorrhoids, an uncomfortable condition that occurs in the anal region, and can result in bleeding and discomfort both during excretion. It can also lead to certain forms of cancer, and limes can help prevent their formation or recurrence.
8. Urinary Disorders: The high potassium content in limes is very effective in removal of the toxic substances and the precipitates deposited in kidneys and the urinary bladder. The disinfectant properties of lime also help cure infections in the urinary system. Furthermore, it stops prostrate growth (very common in males above 40) and clears blockage of urine caused due to buildup of calcium in the urinary tract. If someone is suffering from a fever, limes or lime juice can be of great importance. Citrus fruits in general have fever-reducing qualities because of vitamin C found in high concentrations in them, which naturally lowers the temperature of the body.
Other benefits of Lime are found in cure of rheumatism, prostate and colon cancer, cholera, eye care arthritis and fatigue. And as a good appetizer it aids in digestion. cure rheumatism, prostate and colon cancer, cholera, arteriosclerosis and fatigue.
My people follow this tips, incorporate it as part of your daily intakes and you'll be doing yourself a lot of good health wise! Picture image from pixabay.