It is a code of behaviour that delineates expectations for social behavior according to contemporary conventional norms within a society, social class, or group. Rules of etiquette encompass most aspects of social interaction in any society.
TYPES OF ETIQUETTES:
- SOCIAL ETIQUETTE:- It is important for an individual as it teaches him how to behave in the society.
- EATING ETIQUETTE :- Individuals must follow certain decorum while eating. Never make noise while eating and do not leave the table unless and until everyone has finished eating.
- WASHROOM ETIQUETTE :- It refers to the set of rules which an individual needs to follow while using public washrooms or office toilets. Make sure you leave the washroom clean and tidy for the other person.
- TELEPHONE ETIQUETTE :- It refers to the way an individual should speak on the phone. Never put the other person on long holds. Make sure you greet the other person. Take care of your pitch and tone.
- BUSINESS ETIQUETTE :- It includes ways to conduct a certain business. Never cheat customers.
- CORPORATE ETIQUETTE :- It refers to how an individual should behave while he is at work. Each one needs to maintain the decorum of the organization. Don't loiter around unnecessary or peep into other's cubicles.
- MEETING ETIQUETTE :- It refers to styles one need to adopt when he is attending any meeting, seminar, presentation and so on. Listen to what the other person has to say. Never enter meeting room without a notepad and pen.
- PARTY ETIQUETTE :- Everyone should behave sensibly at parties. Never drink uncontrollably.
NEED FOR ETIQUETTES:
- It makes you a cultured individual.
- It teaches you the way to behave in the society.
- It is essential for an everlasting impression and speaks a lot about your personality and upbringing.
- It enables the individuals to earn respect and appreciation in the society.
- Etiquette inculcates a feeling of trust and loyalty in the individuals.
- Etiquette helps individuals to value relationships. One becomes more responsible and mature with etiquette.