I'm originally from Chicago, so I know what cold feels like. I've lived through winters with more days below 0 than above it. I've shoveled my car out of the snow countless times and couldn't feel my hands for 10 minutes after. All that changed when I moved to LA about 2.5 years ago. I don't think I can ever go back.
Here are the top 5 reasons that I love living in Southern California:
- The weather is fucking perfect, it's 75-90 degrees and sunny about 350 days a year
- I live 40 minutes from the beach and can go surfing whenever I want
- I can walk out my door and go hiking
- I can drive 5 hours and be at one of the best snowboarding mountains in the world
- I can grow weed and oranges on my front porch
Check out these Valencia oranges that are almost ready to eat, literally no effort at all to grow these suckers.