Open Cry for Help
I didn't want to have to break down and do this but I am in a position that I could use the help. As some or most of you may know I broke my back ten years ago and had to have emergency surgery to put my spine back together. I had broken L5 and blew out the discs above and below it working as a correctional officer. The surgery was a failure as far as that goes and I have been in constant hell ever since.
This last weekend I fell several times and retraumatized the area in my lower back. I was rushed to the ER where I was admitted and spent three days. They sent me home with a shiny new wheelchair that, believe it or not, is fairly comfortable. After all of that and over one thousand images of my spine later there was little to nothing they could do to help with the paralysis I started to suffer. Now my lower half is mostly useless.
I have an appointment with a neurologist and a neurosurgeon in the coming week, but I am in dire financial need, for a couple of reasons. First, while I was away my rent became late and the stupid apartment complex filed for eviction. That was paid when I returned and am no longer at risk of being homeless but it did put me in a bind as the late fees were absolutely fucking ridiculous. Second, even though I am disabled and have Medicare, it only covers 80%. The other 20% comes out of pocket. I paid for the wheelchair while I was there and that also put me in a financial bind.
Now I do not have the copay for the hospital stay, which was $1,058 and some change. Nor do I have the copay for both neuro doctors I have to see.
So, instead of doing a GoFundMe or one of those ridiculous places that take 20% or more of your donations I thought I would ask the Steem community for help. Any and all donations would be welcome as I am in a bad spot. If you would prefer to donate via another method I can take several different alt-coins and PayPal.
- Litecoin: LZFZgb972pRgSz1ocPakSuEX7GLbp5oZrx
- Bitcoin: 1GW6jmMFFQbTR8veJKbXVv2HYdTbiu5byE
- Ethereum: 0xEE6AaFb6ad9a23C9b386e7fBb55D9d65feb0aB23
- Steem: @thecrazygm
- Paypal: https://www.paypal.me/TheCrazyGM
- I'll also take a swift kick in the ass to keep me going.
Thanks in advance to all you awesome steemians,
Michael Garcia a.k.a. @TheCrazyGM