This blog post is by no means a snooty declaration that ' Hey! I am an elegant woman and this is how all women should be' but a gentle reminder that the femininity shines in elegance. It pains my heart to see young women of this era proudly over-sharing details of their life and then complaining when people start to pull them apart. A woman cannot demand respect when she doesn't respect herself.
Anyways! I have compiled 23 ways to be an elegant woman. I hope it will inspire young women to hold their head(not nose) high. It's important to be kind rather than being right.
23 Ways to be an Elegant Woman
- Be well read and well-informed
- Learn the art of writing a Thankyou note
- Be generous in giving compliments
- Do not gossip and give a negative feedback ONLY when you are asked to give your opinion.
- Don't talk loudly on the phone in restaurants or grocery stores; Ghetto women do that
- Learn on how to host a small dinner party; being a good hostess is the epitome of elegance
- Always serve tea or coffee after meals
- Let HIM pay
- Put your phone away while conversing with someone
- Remember people's names
- Wear classic and simple hairstyles
- It's better to be over-dressed than under-dressed; refrain from showing skin on formal events
- If you don't want a certain picture to be seen then don't attempt to click it from your smartphone's camera. Similarly, don't send racy photos to your boyfriends or even best friends.
- Wear pearls; Ah I love pearls
- Invest in a fine Pashmina shawl
- Be strong enough to wait for the guy who deserves you; have high standards
- Have self-confidence and refrain from sharing every detail of your waking life on social media. People don't need to know about where did you check in last night.
- Also don't share your most vulnerable self or weaknesses online. People will dissect you, pull you apart and eventually stop respecting you. So learn the art of putting a mysterious yet graceful persona online.
- Practice good posture
- Wear feminine dresses more often aka three piece lawn dresses :)
- Smell lovely ALWAYS
- Learn the art of giving gifts; they should be thoughtful rather than expensive
- Smile a lot :)
Do you have any specific definition of being elegant? Please do share that in the comments.
Have a great and productive week ahead!
Visit my websiteAlso Known As Beautiful and upvote my post! Please support my account. It would mean the world to me for I am trying really hard to get noticed