I never thought Chinese food made at home could be quite as addictive and seductively good as takeout. I was so wrong! Here is a fantastic stir-fry recipe that only takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
3 1/2 cups of white rice, prepared per package instructions, using a tiny bit less water
Cooked Green Peas
Sunflower Oil/Safflower Oil/Vegetable Oil
Spanish Smoked Paprika
Red Pepper Flakes
Tempeh, sliced into thin pieces, cut into 1/4 inch
Cooked Broccoli florets
Sliced baby carrots
Braggs's Amino All Purpose Seasoning (soy sauce alternative)
Kroger or Similar Chinese Stir Fry mix
- Prepare rice in a usual soup pot.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in 2 skillets/wok.
- Marinate sliced tempeh in oil, Bragg's Soy Sauce Alternative (1 TBSP), Salt, Turmeric, and Smoked Paprika.
- Fry mushrooms, broccoli, carrots in wok.
- Fry Tempeh until slightly browned on edges.
- Transfer fried tempeh into wok with veggies, reduce heat to low.
- Prepare stir fry package mix as directed. Set aside.
- In the skillet you cooked the tempeh, without removing the remnant oil and spices, fry the rice over medium high heat. While frying, add in about 1/2 TSP or less of turmeric and the peas. You may need to add in a bit more oil as you fry.
- Add the stir fry package mixture into the wok, turning the heat back to medium. Once it thickens, turn heat to lowest setting/off.
- Serve veggie tempeh stir fry over the fried rice.