Learn to write your name in Korean : 한글 The Korean Alphabet
According to Wikipedia: Hangul or Hangeul (한글 ) is the Korean alphabet, which has been used to write Korean language since it creation in the 15th century by Sejong the Great. It is the official writing system of South Korea and North Korea.
Today is my 10th day in our school and i’ve learn the Korean alphabet and some basic words. I’m only a beginner and i hope you will learn something from what i will teach you. Try to write your name in Korean language too...
The Korean alphabet is consist of Vowels and Consonants:
• 10 Basic vowels
• 11 Double vowels
• 14 Consonants
• 5 Double consonants
• The 10 Basic Vowels ( 모음 - mo-eum )
- ㅏ, ㅑ,ㅓ,ㅕ,ㅣ( these vowels can be written on the right side only)
- ㅗ,ㅛ,ㅜ,ㅠ,ㅡ ( these vowels can be written on the down side only)
Note: You need to use silent “ㅇ” to support these vowels.
Example: 아이 or ( ai ) means “child”
• The 11 Double vowels ( 쌍모음 - ssang mo-um)
- ㅐ,ㅒ,ㅔ,ㅖ( written on the right side only)
- ㅘ,ㅙ,ㅚ,ㅝ,ㅞ, ㅟ,ㅓ( written on both right side and down side)
Example: 왜 or ( wa ) means “ why”
• The 14 Consonants ( 자음 - ja-eum)
- no need to use silent “ㅇ” to write them
- ㅊ,ㅋ,ㅌ,ㅍ,ㅎ( these consonants has strong sounds when pronounced)
Example: 가소 or ( gasu) means “singer”
• The 5 Double Consonants (쌍자음 - ssang-ja-eum)
- tensed consonants
Example: 이쁘다 or ( ippueda) means “beautiful”
These are the Korean Alphabets. I hope you learn something from it. But take note, reading and writting korean words is just the first step. You have to know the meanings, translations and pronunciations. Now if i write my name in Korean it will come like this: 롤단 타데여 ( Roldan Tadeo).
Till next time guys hope you can write your own name in Korean language too.. Goodluck!
대박 ( daebak ) success !!!
When I was in elementary, I know how to write my nickname in Korean but now I forgot how. Thanks for posting, it would help me recall.
렏바르비게를 ( redbareubigereul )..
Thank you dan for this! And good luck for your new journey amd career.
Hope to pass the exam che.. by God’s grace :)
I know you can make it Dan :D .. ajjaaaaa!
Oh my days! :) you study Korean really hard! we just released steemit translation service beta to breakdown language barrier among global steemians. I think this service will helpful to study Korean! upvoted and follwed you. nice to meet u :)