11g mth 80002
cuts the Y-axis at
A.(0,2) B.(2,0) C.(3,0) D.(0,3) E.(0,4)
- Which of the following points, lies on the line 2x+y=6?
- (1,4) 2.(0,6) 3.(2,0)
A.1 only B. 2only C. 1and3 only D. 2and3 only E. 2 and 3 only
- (1,4) 2.(0,6) 3.(2,0)
- PQRS is a rectangle with the points P(-1,0) , Q(2,0) and R(2,3). Then the coordinate of
the point S is
A.(2,5) B.(1,5) C.(-2,4) D.(-1,3) E.(2,4)
- The distance between the points (0,y) and the origin is 5. Then y=…….
A.5 B.-5 C.±5 D.25 E. undefined
23.A triangle has vertices at (-3,0), (4,0) and (0,8). The area of the triangle is
A.56 B.28 C.-4 D.-28 E. None of these
- A pairs of the points (2,-3) and (x,4) lies on the line parallel to Y-axis, then x=………
- In an equilateral △ABC, A(2,3), B(-1,-1), find BC.
A.5 B.-5 C.-3 D.-9 E.2
- If c≠ 0 and the slope of the line passing through (-c,c) and (3c,a) is 1, which of the
following is an expression for a in terms of c?
A.-3c B.-c5 C.2c D.3c E.5c
- The coordinates of A and C are (-4,0) and (-6,0) respectively. Find the coordinate of B if
the equation of AB is y=-2x-8.
A.(0,6) B.(4,-6) C.(5,-4) D.(-6,4) E.(6,4)
28.The distance between the origin and the point (-5,12) is
A.5 B.12 C.7 D.13 E.17
- △ABC has vertices A(0,7), B(5,-5) and C(10,7). The area of △ABC is
A.50 B.60 C.80 D.120 E.140
30.△ABC is an isosceles right triangle with ∠B=90°. If A(3,-2),B(2,-1), then AC=…
A. 2 B.1 C.2 D.3 E.4
- What is the perimeter of a triangle with vertices at the points (1,4),(1,7) and (4,4)?
A. 3+2 B.32 C.6 D.6+32 E.9+32
32.The point on the X-axis which is equidistance from (4,4) and (5,3) is
A. (0,0) B.(-1,0) C.(2,0) D.(1,0) E.(3,0)
- The slope of the equation 2x-y=7 is
A. -2 B.2 C.-7 D.7 E.-72
34.Which of the following statement(s) is (are) true?
1.The line 2x=3 is parallel to Y-axis.
- The line x+y=2 and 2x+2y=7 are parallel.
- The distance between the points (0,3) and (0,-3) is 6.
A.1 only B. 2only C. 1and3 only D. 2and3 only E. 1,2 and 3
35.The slope of the line which is perpendicular to the line 2y=3x+4 is
A.-23 B.1.5 C.4 D.13 E.2
- The points (0,3) , (4,0) line on the line,
A.4y=3x B.3x+4y=1 C.4x+3y=1 D.3x+4y=12 E.4x+3y=12
- A straight line passing through the points (0,1) and (2,7).The equation of the line is
A. y=-3x-1 B. y=3x-1 C. y=3x+1 D. y=3x7-1 E.y=7x3+1
- The line y=mx + c is perpendicular to the line y=4-3x. Find m.
A.3 B.13 C. -3 D.-13 E.-1
39.If two lines 2x-y+3=0 and ax+3y-1=0 are parallel, then a=…..
A. -6 B.-2 C.2 D.3 E.6