For family with kids travelling to Tokyo, a visit to the Cup Noodle Museum in Yokohama is highly recommended. This fun and interactive museum not only showcase the most famous Japanese invention, it is also a place stir the creativity and curiosity within every child and provide a rich educational experience.
Cup noodle was invented by Momofuku Ando in 1971 and this instant ramen had spread to the whole world with a 100 billion servings eaten every year!! The cup noodle is also constantly ranked among the top inventions by Japanese, with the Shinkansen and Karaoke just behind.
We had actually visited the Cup Noodles Museum in Osaka before, and this time we decided to visit the new branch in Yokohama since we were at Tokyo.
The Yokohoma Cup Noodles Museum is located at a small island off Tokyo bay, a 15 minutes walk from Yokohama JR station. If travelling with elderly or children, recommend to take a taxi from the train station.
Although it is named as a museum, there are many activities to do;
- Chicken ramen factory - Suitable for older kids. Here you can experience noodles making, including kneading, spreading, steaming and seasoning the wheat flour.
- My cup noodles factory - Suitable for all ages. Choose an empty Nissin cup and decorate it with your own drawings. Then select your favourite soup base and topping. The factory will instantly prepare your own personalized cup noodle that is the only one in the world.
- Cup noodles park - A small indoor playground that is designed to mimic the whole manufacturing process of Nissin cup noodles.
- Creative thinking boxes - Using VR, experience the creative thinking of Nissin's founder Momofuku Ando.
- Momofuku theatre - Watch CG animation that tells the story of how the cup noodle was invested and how it inspired inventions globally.
On the second floor is a food center that sells noodles from all over the world. It wasn't that great, not recommended to try, unless you are really hungry for food.
There is a small outdoor area on the third floor that overlook the Tokyo bay and Yokohama port. The day we visited, it was very windy and chilling.
Admission to the Yokohama Cup Noodles Museum is only 500 yen for adult and 300 yen for children. Kids under 7 years are free to enter. Each cup noodle and the factory is 300 yen.
Just 3 minutes from the museum is the Yokohama Cosmoworld, another amusement park with the famous Yokohama ferris wheel. If you are travelling to Tokyo, we recommend doing a day trip to Yokohama and visit these 2 places.
Posted from my blog with SteemPress : https://jrvacation.com/cup-noodle-museum-yokohama-a-fun-and-interactive-museum-for-family/
!steemitworldmap 35.455763 lat 139.639149 long Cup Noodles Museum, Yokohama, Japan. D3SCR