Hello, my name is Misha. I type web apps.
Hello Steem community, my peers at cyber.fund asked me many times to write a #introduceyourself post, so I decided to give it a try. After all I need to step up my English skills, so why the hell not?
Well first of all my name is Misha. It literally means “bear” in Russian.
Yep, this is me.
I am 24 years old. I live in small(ish) town called Chelyabinsk located in the middle of nowhere in large territories of mother Russia. You might heard of it because of meteorite fall. Interestingly enough Chelyabinsk known in local folklore as city of hardest men alive. It is a local joke. However, sometimes I think it is not far from the truth. Because here is how I remember fall of meteorite:
- 9:30 in the morning
- "Dang it, something is happening outside again"
- Swipe large pieces of wall off forehead
- Go back to sleep
All my life I were interested in psychology. Since I can remember myself, I was fascinated with human mind and always wanted to understand how it works.
Bad news are, I failed my classes and was kicked out of psychology institute. I am not a smart man.
The good news are I learned programming shortly after. It has become both my hobby and my work. Currently I work as front-end/meteor developer at cyber.fund. It is what I do for a living.
But in my free time I try to combine both of my interests and I constantly create stuff. Currently I work on three projects:
- AnyLearn – collaborative website that aims to create best possible educational guides. Imagine mix of Wikipedia and Github with little bit of educational psychology as icing on the cake.
- Mood – hybrid (mobile and web) app which aims to deliver best content and best content consumption experience possible. You pick a mood (“epic music” or “escape from the zombies” for example) and application will start stream of content using the best things internet can offer. Does not matter if it is a pictures, music or videos. All we be sorted and presented the right way in an endless consumption experience.
- Piggybank – mobile app that is … erm … a piggybank, dude. I am always wondered how much money I could save over time if saved few bucks everyday instead of spending it on junk food. I could not find an app that would encourage me to do it. So I decided to build my own. It’s not super important task, but I need it in my life.
As you can see I am programming for a living, and I program as a hobby. I type all day erry day until my fingers fall off. So I have been wondering: is anybody would be interested in my posts? I am planning to write about what exactly I am building, how I do it, what kind of problems am I encountering and how I solve them.
If you do please let me know.
By the way, my mind is a little strange. I am very bad at understanding money numbers, steem $$$ sadly means nothing to me. I mean, sir, don’t get me wrong, having 3 monies is better than having no monies, I am not stupid. But somehow I see no difference between 3, 30, 3000. I have no idea why. Hell, when I did freelance I often forgot to ask for the paycheck. Gif is highly related:
So please, instead of throwing monies at me, tell me if you are interested in further posts.
Have a great day, my international friend.