Tim Pool has some good points here. I could see YouTube becoming the next Myspace / Yahoo. I say Myspace because people are leaving for less censored platforms and Yahoo because of their investment into Alibaba. The latter became the most valuable part of Yahoo. Alphabet, the parent of YouTube along with other silicon valley oligarchs are spending Billions on under sea fiber optic cables. This will soon give them the competitive advantage of controlling internet flow. Not only will they be able to censor content creators but are also slow or deny access to the internet to anyone. Google builds its own sub-sea cable from the US to France
Tech Oligarchs will continue to control the world on data for decades to come. Even if they loose their front ends aka Facebook, YouTube ect they will maintain control over what the world can see.
- Google owns major shares of 63,605 miles of submarine cables.
- Google will be the sole owner of 10,433 miles of submarine cables when the Curie cable is completed in 2019.
- Google holds partial ownership of 8.5% of submarine cables worldwide.
- Google holds sole ownership of 1.4% of submarine cables worldwide.
- A boom in submarine cable investments has been underway since 2016.
- Content providers like Facebook and Amazon are increasingly building private cables to support their cloud services.
I’m using Partiko to make friends and have fun on the Steem blockchain. You should as well! Here’s my invite link:, you will get 3000 Partiko Points for sign up bonus, and you can exchange them into Steem token!