Building a well at a school in Ghana
In January 2019 the staff of Kwakyekrom M/A Basic School (Ghana) decided to engage for building a well at their school. 500+ children at the school had been drinking dirty water each and every day for a long time. This could eventually cause diseases like cholera, malaria, fever, typhoid, amoebiasis, and jaundice. Furthermore, by walking a long distance to fetch water the students missed a lot of their classes.
A school teacher reached out to Steemit Kids World Foundation, a Ghanaian registered non-profit organization.They presented a finance plan and asked for a donation of 2830 gh cedis to build a well near the school. This could either be a round well or a pump like this one on the photo.
Steemit Kids World offered to engage because they saw the risk, that not taking care could lead to loosing all the young ones at their early stages. They presented the proposal to people engaged within a worldwide blockchain community. A first donation, covering about one third of the sum needed was raised immediately. Then the process started to slow down. Will the well ever be built.
Who is Steemit Kids World?
Steemit Kids World Foundation is a Ghanaian registered non-profit organization where like-hearted individuals come together and become agents of change.
Our key areas of focus are what we believe to be the pillars of a fulfilling life - health and education.
Goal Of Steemit Kids World:
• To help build self-confidence in kids who have gone through traumatic events and Create a joyful environment for learning
• To educate kids about basic health, hygiene, sanitation and on their rights as a child.
• Encourage and ensure each girl become an independent thinker and self-learner.
• To help the needy, deserving children, handicaps, orphans, and sick children by providing them with books, scholarships, school uniforms, medicines, clothes, hospitalization, food etc
• To organize talent show programs for specially disabled kids or homeless kids to help boost their confidence and hope of a bright future.
• To conduct health awareness programs for the kids on the streets about drugs
• To organize social awareness camps and counseling sessions for kids going through life abuse.
Kwakyekrom M/A Basic School
P.O. box 614