My secret formula for better communication
If I could summarize in 6 points the secret formula that has helped me to communicate better and that took me from being a shy, asocial, fearful, insecure man both to start a conversation with a stranger and to present myself in front of 1000 people and communicate in public, it would be something like this:
1. 🎙️ Believe in yourself and your message.
2. 🎙️ Watch a lot of movies and imitate actors when conversing with yourself, others and in public.
3. 🎙️ Read as much book, article or material as you can on communication and human relations. Consume videos and audios on: sales, public speaking, persuasion, nonverbal language, online marketing, leadership, voiceover, writing, psychology, etc.
4. 🎙️ Believe in yourself and your message.
5. 🎙️ Practice the technique of modeling, that is, have references to imitate and from whom you can learn. I have several, from various genres, styles and countries.
6. 🎙️ Talk to yourself. Yes, even if it sounds "crazy", talk to yourself, at home, lying on your bed, practice walking to work or school, imagine and visualize everything. Also imitate TV and radio commercials.
There were 6, but I'll add one more:
🎙️ BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR MESSAGE. Have I said it already? I'll say it again: BELIEVE IN YOU AND YOUR MESSAGE AGAIN, AND KEEP BELIEVING INDEFINITELY.
Original G.S. Bilbao
You can find me on my social networks: