Treasure every second whilst you have seconds left
I haven't posted on PH for a while because I was looking after a sick family member who was in hospital. It soon became apparent that they were dying, their time was up. Every day they became weaker until breathing was a struggle. Eventually, they took their last breath.
Yesterday, we buried them in the ground and their plot was marked by a wooden stick. There is a long waiting list for a gravestone because of Covid. There you have it then, life over and just some dirt and a wooden stick with a grave plot number.
As with many who have grieved in such situations it makes you really ponder the priorities in life. So I ask you all...
- Don't waste your time, it is limited.
- Be grateful for what you have, soon you may have nothing but earth and a stick in the ground.
- Make benefit of your health, before it goes.
- Spend your money wisely, before you can't spend any more.
- Be generous, as one day you will rely on the generosity of others
- Be kind, as one day you will rely on the kindness of others
- Tell friends and family you love them, whilst you have time left to speak
- Cherish family, friends and community - that is what we really have in this world
Life seems long and we feel we have years ahead but none of us knows that we will be here tomorrow. Make the most of what you have and be grateful.
Stay safe my PH friends.