Steem Exclusive Sabudana Khichdi! 19-03-2021
Sabudana Khichdi...It is an Indian one-pot meal made of soaked tapioca pearls. It is prepared on the special occasion of fasting but one can enjoy it any time as a snack or a meal.
To know what exactly it is you can go to this Wikipedia link of Sabudana Khichadi
Now without wasting time we will know how I made this. It is a quick recipe but needs pre-plan as tapioca pearls required to be soaked for 4-6 hours before preparation.
For 4 servings
- Tapioca pearls 1.5 cup
- Groundnuts 3/4+1/4 cup
- Potato 1 medium-sized
- Green chillies 1-2 nos
- Cooking oil 1 tbs[p
- Curry leaves 10-15 nos
- Lemon 1 no
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- First of all, you have to plan at least 4 hours in advance to prepare this dish. As soon as you decide to prepare it, take the required quantity of tapioca pearls, wash twice thoroughly and soak in water enough water in which tapioca pearls just submerged. Do not use excess water to soak the pearls.
- Boil potato, peel and cut into small pieces.
- Roast groundnuts 3/4 cup, remove skin and grind coarsly.
|Boil potato||Roast groundnuts|
Soaked tapioca pearls, roasted and coarsely grounded peanuts, boiled and diced potato and other ingredients.
- Now heat vegetable oil in a pan and fry 1/4 cup of peanuts, once it is done add cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chillis and boiled potatoes.
- Mix all well and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Now add soaked tapioca pearls to it and mix evenly.
At this stage add ground peanuts and salt to taste.
Cover and cook for a couple of minutes.
Garnish with chopped coriander and sprinkle fresh lemon juice.
Now your Sabudana Khichdi is ready to serve