When life gives you lemons, make lemonade 🍋🍋
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade right? And why not?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade!!
In its proverbial meaning, this phrase wants to encourage optimism and a positive can-do attitude in the face of adversity or misfortune. Lemons suggest sourness or difficulty in life; making lemonade is turning them into something positive or desirable. [wikisource] :x:x
But I was thinking about making lemonade for good! It is one of the most popular beverages around the world and pretty much everyone enjoy its taste and all those good healthy benefits.
Bassically, lemonade is a sweetened lemon-flavored beverage. It contains lemon's juice mixed with water.
Now, the combinations are never-ending. You can add other fruits or berries (all kind) making berry lemonade or fruit lemonade; you can also add aromatic herbs or edible flowers like rosemary, thyme, lavander, mint, cinnamon, roses, cardamom, ginger etc etc. Or you can combine different types of citruces and have citrus lemonade.
As sweeteners you can add honey, stevia, cane sugar, simple syrup. It can be a carbonated drink as well, depending on the restaurant, country or region.
You can't have lemonade without 'em! Lemons are the ones who make this beverage a healthy one.
This sweet & sour fruit is known world-wide for its healthy benefits and there are plenty of studies that attest their beneficial properties over the human body.
This is all because they are rich in Vitamin C, a powerful antioxidant. They also contains flavonoids, polyphenols, terpenes, and tannins, which are compounds that help boost health and fight disease.🍋
I want to mention some of these healthy benefits :
- they have anti-inflammatory effects.
- its a really really good tonic and energier
- it can help relieve constipation.
- prevents oxidation of the cells and free radicals
- One 2019 review reports that the antioxidants and flavonoids in citrus fruits can improve heart health and metabolic health markers, including glucose tolerance, insulin sensitivity, and fat metabolism. [source] 🍋
- Because they are high in antioxidants (compounds that help protect the body’s cells from damage) they also can reduce the risk of many health conditions, including cardiovascular disease, diabetes, obesity, and cancer.
- Some studies suggest that drinking lemon water may help treat kidney stones. It appears to be most effective alongside conventional therapy, but it may also be a useful alternative treatment. Increasing the amount of citrate in the body prevents kidney stones from forming by stopping calcium from binding with other compounds. [source]
- 15 Benefits of drinking Lemon Water in the morning on an empty stomach like helping you with digestion, helping fight common cold, cleansing the liver etc [source]
Lemons have unsignificant quantities of protein and fat, but they have about 6.5% carbohydrates.🍋
You can enjoy lemons in form of lemon juice and lemonade, lemon tea, lemon essential oil. There are endless home remedies with lemons, in and out.
Lemons are considered a natural beauty 'product', being known for cleansing and hydrating the skin, removing blackheads and clearing up blemishes.
- they have antibacterial and antifungal properties
- they may also work well on lightening age spots or acne scars
- as an antioxidant, vitamin C may help prevent free radicals that can damage collagen, leaving you with smoother skin.
Recipe for Lemonade🍋🍋
- water (natural mineral water or sparkle water)
- lemons (squeezed juice)
- limes (optional)
- sweetener (stevia, honey, cane sugar)
- herbs like mint, lavander, thyme (optional)
Check this recipe of mine, maybe you wanna try it! It was absolutely amazing! I always do such lemonade in the house, especially in the summer.
Have a wonderful day folks!
Enjoy life, your time spent with family and friends and please, take care of yourself!
Stay healthy and maybe....drink some lemonade?? :d