PLANET POSITIVES: FROM DUMPED PLASTIC BOTTLE TO USEFUL PIGGY BANK
Too much plastic bottles at home? No worries! Because today, I'll show you my creativity in recycling plastic bottles to this cute piggy bank with unique techniques by just using easy to find materials!
Recycling waste materials has been a trend these days while a lot of us are just staying at home since lockdown yet some people still find it unusual as they find buying new stuff is a better choice -they say. But for me, recycling is the best idea above all. If you can fix it or re-create it, WHY NOT? In my opinion, recycling is not about being frugal. It's all about creativity and learning through discovery.
For this #planetpositives held by @belenguerra (big thanks for this kind of activity), I am going to share my creation of recyclable product using plastic bottle I found at home.
● First, look for plastic bottle. Wash/clean and dry it.
Note: You can also use mineral water or juice' plastic bottles.
● Remove the label.
Note: Be careful in using cutter/scissors.
● When done, find a way or place to put your bottle for painting process.
In my own way, I use this steel wire by heating the tip for making hole in order to hang my plastic bottle as I find this easier than keeping the bottle in stand position while painting.
This is how it works.
● Next, apply painting process.
I am using spray paint in fluorescent shade as this is the only available paint I can find at home. Luckily, its color is just right for my cute piggy bank.
● Apply first coating.
This is what I like using spray paint. It dries up easily.
● When dry, spray/paint it again until reach the desired color. Let it dry.
● While waiting for the bottle to dry, look for another plastic bottle for the pig's ear.
I decided to use this alcohol's bottle as it matches the color of the bottle or the pig's body.
● Then, I drew a triangle in both sides as guide for cutting.
● To easily cut the triangle, I cut the alcohol's bottle in half using cutter then cut the triangles using pair of scissor.
This is how it will look like.
Note: You are allowed to use colored papaer or card boards for its ears. Just make triangles with your desired size.
● To give shape for its ears, I used this unique technique. Easily lit a candle.
For safety, use hair plucker as your holder or tong.
Use it to hold the triangle-shaped plastic.
Put it near the the flame. In this method, you must control its distance so the plastic won't totally melt.
This is how it will look like after 4 seconds.
● Repeat the same method for the remaining triangle-shaped plastic.
● For the pig's eyes, I used these old buttons I found in my sewing kit.
Note: You can use colored paper (white and black) for its eyes as well. Just make 2 black circles and 2 white smaller circles.
● For its feet, I used these caps from our collected empty bottles.
Note: You can use big straws for alternative. 1 straw is enough. Just cut it in to 4 with the same length.
● When everything is ready, prepare the glue stick. If you have glue gun, the better.
●When prepared, stick the eyes first. Make sure to stick it in the right place and distance.
Make sure that it won't fall off.
● Stick its eyes next. Align it below the ears.
● Then its feet. Make sure to place it even so it can stand well.
Make sure that everything is sticked well.
● Afterwards, make a hole for inserting coins.
In this process, I used an old knife.
Apply heat on tip if the knife then placeget straight through the plastic bottle where you want to make the coin's way.
Estimate the size by the largest coin's size. Don't make the hole too wide.
● Lastly, use marker to complete the piggy bank's look by drawing 2 small lines on the bottle's cap as its nose.
Here's my final product that just made out from waste material -plastic bottle. With just simple touch of creativity, you can make things better and wonderful!
I gave it to my little sis so she can have another saving's bank because her old one is almost getting full and she loved it! You can put it in your room and put coins when you have. You can also make it a habit everytime you arrived home and got coins in your pocket. Remember, saving also means caring -for the future. ;)
See? Recycling wasn't that bad after all. You can still find a new purpose for it with the help of our creative ideas. ^^
That's it! Hope you like it, too. And always rememberhow to throw your garbages and LEARN HOW TO RECYCLE. 💪😉👌
All of the photos posted in this content are personally mine and originally captured from Vivo Y91C mobile
Such a creative idea. Plastic is making a great issue globally. Not on the land it causes to damage oceanic ecosystems too. Appreciate your work. Good see those things.
Highly appreciated! 🥺 Thank you so much and HAPPY STEEMING! 💚
Wow..beautiful creation couz.. such a great way on helping our planet 🤩
Thank you so much! 🥰🥰🥰💚💚💚
Wow!! Amazing post my friend!! I really like your post!! It's amazing, and you are extremely creative!
I also sometimes use the one time use plastic pots to something usable.
You did a great job.