STEM Saturday Post Promotion #34: Filling the promoted page with STEM content
For week #34 of STEM Saturday, we have another new contributor. Welcome back with your updated Steem account, @ruzmaira02!
This week I decided to handle things differently, because use of the /promoted page has dwindled after SBD printing paused. Prices are low, and we don't have much competition for the top of the page. So... I went back to the idea expressed in [Experiment] Decentralized Steem Showcase and used the page to showcase four of our community's contributions to the Steem blockchain during the week. Promoted posts were from @carlos84, @sarahjay01, @jorgebgt, and @ruzmaira02.
If you are a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics enthusiast, please consider following these accounts.
This marks the thirty-fourth consecutive Saturday that our community has held the top of the /promoted page.
Because there are more than 2, the posts should periodically rotate in and out of the pinned slots.
This week, since there wasn't much competition for the top of the page, I promoted four posts. Now we have a STEM Saturday /promoted page that's entirely dedicated to STEM topics. The posts were:
- How do you understand frictional pressure losses in drilling fluid circulation? by @carlos84;
- Roscosmos will send an emergency Soyuz spacecraft to the ISS to replace the damaged ship by @sarahjay1;
- NASA Has Really Changed The Zodiac Signs by @jorgebgt; -and-
- James Webb at a steady pace making history by @ruzmaira02.
As with prior weeks, all posts were passed through three separate online plagiarism checks before promotion.
Here are the posts at the top of /promoted:
In order to promote these posts, I burned 0.08 SBD (equivalent to about 1/2 STEEM) by sending it to @null with the memo field set to:
The Popular STEM community is intended to be a place for accessible STEM conversations (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics). If you have an interest in STEM topics, please come join us!
About STEM Saturday
If members would like to have your own STEM content considered for future promotions, please come join us and start contributing. I don't know how long I'll be continuing the tradition, but while I do, here are the minimum requirements for consideration (subject to change without notice ;-).
- Original, plagiarism-free content
- Minimum word count: currently 300 words, but this may be adjusted.
- The content must not be cross-posted on other web sites or blockchains. Correct use of the #steemexclusive tag is encouraged.
- English language. (sorry, it's the only one I know)
- Because a post leaves /promoted at payout time, posts created shortly before STEM Saturday may be more likely to be chosen than older posts.
All community members are invited to create original and exclusive content that can be considered for future promotions.