Tron Ecosystem - Steemit Crypto Academy Season 5 - Homework Post for Task 1
Image self created on Canva
(1) What is TronLink and what is Tronscan? What are its uses? How do you verify a transaction status(including timestamp, resource consumption(bandwidth & energy), nos of confirmations) using Tronscan-- Examples, Screenshot? What are the different dApps can you explore using the TronLink wallet? Make a transaction(a micro-transaction) with Justswap or JustLend using TronLink wallet?Screenshot?
TronLink and what is Tronscan? What are its uses?
The tronlink is a non-custodial wallet that supports tokens of the Tron Ecosystem. The tronlink can be found in various forms such as a browser extension or a mobile application on Android and IOS. The tronlink functions more than being a cold wallet that secure private keys of Tron supported tokens but as well enhances smooth interaction between decentralized applications and their fund on the Tron network. Tronlink being a browser extension gives users the liberty to access their funds without leaving their DApp active window. Using the mobile wallet as well, provides an avenue to interact directly with the DApps listed on the platform.
What is the Tronlink Used for
- The Tronlink serves as a decentralised cold wallet that stores private keys and therefore holds tokens such as TRX, TRC10 and TRC20.
- The Tronlink access and interact with the Tron Blockchain Network and thus enabling users to send, receive and sign transactions. Users can freeze their holding and vote projects to earn return of investment.
- The Tronlink has an inbuilt market exchange that allows easy swap of tokens.
- The Tronlink provides the opportunity to easily interact with Decentralised application of different categories that are listed. Such Dapps include Tronscan, Justswap, Justlend, Tronman, Poloni DEX, TronTrade etc
- On the Tronlink new DApps can also be submitted to be published on the Tron Network
The Tronscan on the other hand is the official block exploerer of the Tron Ecosystem. Details of transactions published on the Tron Blockchain network are recorded on the Tronscan, and thus functions suitably as a tool used to track transactions and blocks on the blockchain. With the Tronscan, detail information of a Transaction can be known. This include the
addresses involved, number of approval, status, block number, type of transaction and the energy consumed. There is more to Tronscan than just locating a block or transaction details, it displays other features such as Data Statistics of the blockchain, details of representatives, votes and other link to reach other DApps such as JustLend.
How to verify a transaction status using Tronscan
The details of any transaction published on the Tron Network can be tracked using the Tronscan. The Tronscan being a DApp can be accessed through the TronLink Wallet. If a transaction has just been completed then the record can be found under transaction history. I wish to check the status of one of the recent transactions I made on my Tronlink pro wallet.
Go to "My" at the foot of the app and click on History. This displays a list of transactions in order of the most recent transaction to earlier transactions.
I clicked on a vote transaction and redirected to the Tronscan DApp website. This displays the transaction details: the Hash, Result, Status, Confirmed SRs, Block number and the Time of Transaction. Additional details include the Owner's Address, vote count and the bandwidth consumed.
The details of the host block can also be known by writing the block number of such transaction into the search bar and search. This displays details such as the Block height, number of transactions, Timestamp, Total Expended energy and bandwidth, block reward and so on.
What are the different dApps can you explore using the TronLink wallet?
DApps can be explored on the Tronlink wallet. On the Tronlink pro App - Go to "Discover" and this shows the different DApps under categories as below
- Popular Sun, JustLend, zkWrapper, SunSwap, JUST, Tronscan, Poloni DEX, TRONLEND, Chainz Arena, Bankroll
- Game: Chainz Arena, BLOCKLORDS, TronGoo, Chibi Fighters 2.0, Tronman, Evolutions, tron Outbreak, Traps, Stake Them All, TRONBoard.Games
- Exchange: JustLend, zkWrapper, SunSwap, Poloni DEX, TRONLENDING, TronTrade, TronTrade.
- Other: SUN, JUST, Tronscan, Bankroll, NewPool, DASH Token, ZethyrFinance, TronLucky, Dlive BTT Stacking, CandyMoreBox
Making a transaction with Justswap (SunSwap) Using Tronlink wallet.
To make a transaction on the tronlink wallet is very straightforward. Justswap has been incorporated to the market function of the Tronlink wallet that makes it very easy to swap tokens. However one can use this function directly from the Market page or locate the Justswap DApp from the list of DApps listed on the platform.
Go to "Discover" at the foot of the wallet then choose SunSwap in the popular category or Exchange. The JustSwap has recently been upgraded and renamed as SunSwap. The SunSwap(JustSwap) is a third party DApp on the Tron network that is used to exchange tokens. However, I would be using the Justwap function directly from the Tronlink market.
I wish to swap 5TRX for 0.624USDT at the market rate of 1TRX=0.125 USDT. I filled in the order then proceed for confirmation. And entered my password for approval.
However, the outcome of the processing was a failed transaction due to insufficient energy to put through. Detail of this can be explored using the Tronscan.
The TronLink and the Tronscan are both decentralized applications on the Tron network. The former primary serves as a cold wallet to Tron supported tokens while the later is an explorer that transparently displays the activities of the blockchain. These two has been a pivotal part of the network and its friendly usability.