Acidity and a simple remedy
I was suffering with Mouth Ulcers or Canker sore. I started googling about Mouth Ulcers and found that it can be caused due to a variety of reasons. I will just list them below for your benefit.
- Minor mouth injury or accidental bite
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate allergy (toothpastes and mouth rinses contain them)
- Sensitivity to acidic foods like Citrus fruits and other trigger foods like chocolate, tea and coffee
- Lack of essential vitamins like B-12, zinc, folate, and iron
- Mouth Bacterial allergic response
- Dental Braces
- Hormonal changes during menstruation
- Emotional stress or lack of sleep
- Bacterial, viral, or fungal infections
I was indeed under emotional stress and lack of sleep. I was also consuming 4-5 cups of Tea that whole week. I also started looking out for remedies and almost all the results I got were non satisfactory. I did not want to pop pills this time and wanted to manage a cure naturally.
Mind reader mom!
My mother can sense my every move. She saw me struggling with pain and sores and also that I was constantly googling to find a solution. Not disclosing that she had observed all this, she suggested that I go to the local market with my dad and get some pomegranates. I did as instructed and we bought Pomegranates along with Bananas and Mangoes. My mom told me to avoid mangoes till I got rid of the mouth sore. Mangoes produce heat in our body and it increases acidity for healthy digestion. It seems it is advisable to avoid them when you have acidity.
From this incidence, I learnt something new about pomegranates and their healing properties. It is best to heal ourselves by natural means rather than popping in pills for every small health issue. I hope this article was useful to you and helped you learn something new. If you liked this post please share your comments about it. Also if you feel your friends would benefit from reading this post, please feel free to resteem this post.
Are you new to steemit? Start here.