Dogs and Coconut Oil
Like our own children, we provide extra care for our pets. We give them attention, provide them with their special needs, and treat them like family. But all the research and notes could never prepare us for when our fur babies get sick. When they are down with something it causes extreme paranoia or something like it.
At the spike of summer or during cold winter months, skin problems usually arise. From hot spots to breakouts, all these kinds of problems start popping up on our dogs.
Surprisingly, there is one kitchen tool that makes fur-parenting easy. That is virgin coconut oil. Its popularity and uses are not only limited to humans. It is really good for dogs both for the skin/fur and the inside as well. Other pets can benefit from them, too. Plus, it is organic!
Here are some really cool and easy tips in using virgin coconut oil for our pets.
1. Virgin coconut oil can be added as an ingredient to healthy homemade snacks.
2. It can be used as a topical treatment for dogs. Coconut oil has natural anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiviral components that can help our beloved dogs. Applying it topically is proven to be successful.
3. Use coconut oil as a daily supplement. In addition to improved skin conditions, some of the benefits our pet dogs can get from this oil include improved digestion, pleasant breath, diabetes control, weight management, and a decrease in ligament problems and arthritis pain.
4. When dogs are choosy with what they eat or has no appetite to consume its regular dog food, adding a tablespoon or two of virgin coconut oil and mixing it with their regular dog food can solve your problem.
5. Coconut oil can make dogs more energetic, especially overweight ones. It also helps protect our pets from illnesses and speeds up healing.
6. A small amount of coconut oil on your pet’s coat can make it look healthier and add more shine. It can also eliminate the smell of the hotspot. You can also try rubbing a small amount to reduce shedding and make the coat shiny and soft.
These are just six reasons to use coconut oil on dogs. There are more uses, benefits, and nutritional gains both humans and dogs can get from this miracle product!