GENOTYPE AND MARRIAGE COMPATIBILITY.

in #health2 years ago

images (2).jpeg
Over the years, a lot of marriages have been contracted without ascertaining the genotype of the intending couples. This has led to the birth of a good number of sickle celled children (SS) and the death of these young ones.
Until recent times when the consequences of attending to the total negligence of genotype was worrisome, true love was the only requirement needed to walk sown the aisle.

GENOTYPE.
A genotype is your complete heritable genetic identity. It is the collection of gene passed from parents to their children.

GENETIC COMPATIBILITY.
Genetic compatibility is a state in which couples are able to get married without the problem of producing offspring with a genetic disorder.

TYPES OF GENOTYPE.
AA
AS
AC
SC
SS.

COMPATIBILITY.
AA+ AA= BEST COMPATIBILITY.

Offsprings have a 100% chance of being AA thus, no/less worries about genotype compatibility in the future.

AA + AS = GOOD COMPATIBILITY.
Offsprings have a 50% chance of being AA or AS.

AA + SS = FAIR COMPATIBILITY.
Offspring have a 100% chance of being AS. Screenshot_2018-02-25-21-53-57-1.png

AS + AS = BAD COMPATIBILITY.
Offspring have a 75% chance of being AS and a 25% chance of being SS (sickled).
Screenshot_2018-02-25-21-54-11-1.png
AS + SS = VERY BAD COMPATIBILITY.
Offsprings have a 50% chance of being AS and SS.

SS +SS = EXTREMELY BAD COMPATIBILITY.
Offsprings have a 100% chance of being SS.

Hence this factor should be put in check before a couple decide to walk down the aisle.

Sort:  

It's hard to know that the person you're in love with can't be yours because of incompatible gene. But I think true love should resolve to resolve such bond. Thanks Doc

Congratulations @doctor-tk! You received a personal award!

Happy Birthday! - You are on the Steem blockchain for 1 year!

Click here to view your Board

Support SteemitBoard's project! Vote for its witness and get one more award!

Congratulations @doctor-tk! You received a personal award!

Happy Birthday! - You are on the Steem blockchain for 2 years!

You can view your badges on your Steem Board and compare to others on the Steem Ranking

Vote for @Steemitboard as a witness to get one more award and increased upvotes!