Wallet is ready to use. You can use it for free. Except for malicious ways for project or anybody else.
This is free opensource Gridcoin online wallet with API. API methods described in this article (link), later I'm going to create documentation in github.
Differences from official Gridcoin wallet
- This wallet is third-party wallet
- This wallet cannot stake
- This wallet has no coin control features
- This wallet cannot be attached to your BOINC account
- This wallet has no voting features
- API methods are different
Differences from other third-party wallets
- From Coinomi: it has web interface and API.
- From HolyTransaction: minimal payout limit is 0.001 GRC.
- From blockchain.io: Gridcoin support.
- You want to store small amount of Gridcoin while installing Gridcoin wallet to your PC.
- You want to send Gridcoin without access to your PC.
- You want to send payments automatically and cannot install wallet to your hosting (reward users for some actions, faucet for instance, or online poll with reward in the end)
- You want to receive payments from users (and cannot install wallet to your hosting), then send them to your primary wallet (like access to content or online shop)
Bad use cases
- Store large amounts of GRC here
- Waiting for stake rewards
- Use for illegal activity
- Real-time applications
About tx fees
Currently transaction fees is zero for users. Wallet currently contains ~33 GRC to cover tx fees. Even if transaction fee reaches 0.005 GRC, it's enough for 6 thousand transactions.
- If I encountered unsolvable problems, I can send your funds to your withdraw address when closing project.
- In case of project hack I can restore up to 100 GRC from first 100 accounts (from my pool funds) to your withdraw addresses.
You can contribute to project in several ways:
- Donations, including steemit upvotes
- Translation to another languages
- Code improvements (with pull requests)
- Code review
About code improvements
Common code recommendations
- Do not use third-party js libraries
- Follow common sense
What is done
- Certificate for production wallet
- Multiple languages support in interface
- Translation to Russian
- Language selector
What is postponed
- Automatic backups - only manual backups now
- 2FA - until users appear and somebody requests it