Now i'm definetly not the most technically versed person on the interwebz but one thing is very clear to me: Gridcoin will become one of the coins with highest demand if the current user growth rate will remain the same throughout the year.
I started my Gridcoin journey in 2014, when it was quite new. I remember the day when my friend introduced me to Gridcoin. We drank a beer on his couch and his face had something conspiratorially, but in a positive way. He began the presentation for me along with about five other guys from the university with a sentence (memory protocol) like "what I'm about to show you guys might change the world".
It took five minutes until I was hooked and the rest is history.
I dedicated a lot of my spare time to crank out the strategy for our projects uscore.de and grcnation.com. Then, i had to finish my thesis and after we split up due to personal reasons, i moved to Switzerland and started to work at the company of my dreams.
A few weeks ago, I remembered the Gridcoin story and what i saw flashed me: The price shot up like a rocket and more and more people show interest in a crypto currency that actually doesn't shouldn't rely on marketing (but needs it though due to the fact that it has a decentralized and open team as well as due to the commercial alternatives like GOLEM and SONM). I took all the savings of last months and made a full buy-in.
I dedicated the last weeks to researching other altcoins and I have to admit that there are some coins that base on strong ideas: ETH, STEEM, LBRY, SIA and GOLEM are my go-to's when it comes to my savings portfolio.
However, from a marketing perspective, there is no coin that offers me a unique value proposition that is stronger than those (plural) of Gridcoin. For me, a cryptocurrency should work for humanity. It should provide a real value that is not only based on ideologies like decentralization or anonymity. The value of one Gridcoin is not based on senseless hashing. Yes - it consumes your energy, but one coin can be seen as one step towards progress in science (or any other project that YOU choose to support). Heck, you can even set up your own BOINC project and as long as team gridcoin regards it as support-able, you will get the power of a damn supercomputer for free! Ultimately, if there is a tangibility scale for the value of altcoins, then gridcoin will come for me right after ETH. You can not touch the value, but it can materialize through milestones of scientific research that have a direct impact on our lives.
If youre wiping off the questionmarks over your head now and are not familiar with Gridcoin and BOINC, please read this article now!
So why am I so sure that Gridcoin will have a boom very soon?
- I believe in collective consciousness. I analyzed data from different sources and found a huge increase that started in May. I am very sure - Gridcoin is about to go viral.
- The Telegram and Slack Group/Channel is growing faster each day.
- New members are actually committed - they ask the right questions at the right time and have the urge to be part of Gridcoins succeess
- Gridcoin is not only about the money - the altruism and ideology behind it make the continually growing supporters hold their coins. BTC fluctuations? Analyze how Gridcoin is reacting to those...
- The team requirement for BOINC might be removed in the next months. If this happens, waves of BOINC-Members (400k or more is realistic) can get paid for their scientific contribution without changing their team. Wanna be a part of the solution?
- Last but not least: I am working out a distributed marketing plan for the whole gridcoin community right now. After making it available, each member can pick a legit marketing method for himself. If only 10% of our community will dedicate 10-20 minutes per day into spreading the word, we might grow exponentially
- The disadvantages that are holding away interested people from mining Gridcoin can be counted on one hand: No (central place with) good onboarding for new members, too many old information spread all over the web and too scientific landingpage which is not optimized for conversions (which is in our case the download of the client). If we tackle these three things, people should have less questions.
- The core team has some of the most dedicated guys i've ever met (shoutout to @cm-steem !)
Please answer me one question, after reading this: If Gridcoin won't succeed and im just talking crap here - what will be the reason number one?
Thanks for reading this sunday-evening article :)