What about a quick SWOT analysis of Gridcoin project? This could give us some clues about course of action in 2019 and current state of the project.
- Developers work diligently and have pushed several updates during 2018; slack development channel is busy with code discussion and improvements proposals 365 days a year regardless GRC market price
- Average number of active users is steadily growing despite huge GRC price losses during 2018
- Gridcoin is a currency system, but GRC is not working as money - you cannot buy almost anything with GRC; you can almost only exchange GRC for some other cryptos, like BTC or LTC
- Interest in BOINC is slowly diminishing over the years
- While Gridcoin network is several times faster and has larger throughput than Bitcoin network, still it has scalability issues and is very slow in comparison to Stellar or Steem
- Nvidia Faces Class Action Lawsuit Over Losses After Diminished Mining GPU Demand - Gridcoin project is more future proof to Nvidia and AMD than Ethereum and similar blockchains. Some form of cooperation with Nvidia would give a huge boost to Gridcoin recognition
- Low market cap is a great chance for a better redistribution of GRC tokens
- Several projects (like Golem, Hadron and a few more) aim to build distributed computational networks and markets
- Governments will force more regulations on cryptocurrencies and are unlikely to peacefully give up currency control
- Low GRC price has negative impact on new users acquisition and development capabilities due to low Foundation fund value.
What would you add to the list or remove from it?