Gridcoin Leisure Update 184.108.40.206 Released
Today we have a new leisure update for you. This version includes a lot of "under the hood" changes, but there are some improvements for the average user as well.
Notably this release includes a better time to stake calculation method, thanks to @jamescowens. Also the Neural Network runs much smoother thanks to many optimizations by @ifoggz.
Download the update from GitHub here.
Update The Windows MSI can be downloaded here. Checksum
Full Release Notes:
- Support for Qt 5.9 (@thecharlatan)
- Compatibility with boost-1.67 (@ravon)
- Calculations to reduce network time offset (@jamescowens)
- Feedback for addnode RPC command (@tomasbrod)
- Added data acquisiton commands (@tomasbrod):
- /var/lib/boinc/ as a valid boinc path on Linux (@rsparlin)
- Stress testing script (@ifoggz)
- refhash command also on linux (@jamescowens)
- Documentation for out of source build (@thecharlatan)
- More accurate time to stake and network weight estimations (@jamescowens)
- Compressed image files (@Peppernrino)
- Poll (voting) code refactoring (@thecharlatan)
- BITCOIN optimize command listunspent (@ifoggz)
- RPC server refactoring (Wladimir J. van der Laan) (@thecharlatan)
- Replace json spirit with Univalue JSON library (@thecharlatan)
- Change repository URL (@ifoggz)
- Pretty-print rpc output (@ravon)
- Logging for debugging reward computation (@tomasbrod)
- Clean-up beacon manipulation (@ifoggz)
- Building errors on Mac releated to SVG framework (@thecharlatan)
- neural data response
- neural network fixes (@ifoggz)
- investor cpid's appearing as zeros in block index (@tomasbrod)
- ensure that daemon functionality is correct when built together with gui wallet (@jamescowens)
- improve logging, remove empty lines (@jamescowens) (@ifoggz) (@tomasbrod) (@ravon)
- windows socket warnings (@thecharlatan)
- unused components of neural network (@ifoggz)
- GRCRestarter (@ifoggz)
- Galaza (game) (@ifoggz)
- unused images (@barton26)
- unused code (@ifoggz) (@Pythonix)
- unusual activity report (@tomasbrod)
- burnamount and recipient from appcache (@tomasbrod)
- GUI FAQ (@Lenni)
- unusable limit from magnitude command (@ifoggz)
- cgminer support (@ifoggz)
- deprecated menu items (@jamescowens)
Thank you to all the developers who contributed to this release. Update: The windows MSI is now available.
Thank you for taking the time working on both the development code along with testnet and then giving your weekly or so dev updates and road-map updates and then taking the time to inform us of updates , then updating when the .msi is available. Mind you people that he has steemit/discord/slack/facebook/twitter/github especially to update the website to the right version and who knows what else he has to post updates to and I know it takes many chunks of your time and we all as a community appreciate it. You are very thorough and use words that make things simple vs trying to be all wordy and confusing and I think it really helps out most of the community especially the newcomers.
Woo! Lots of useless baggage is gone yay!
Whenever there's a Leisure Update, I imagine this:
The Windows MSI is now available for download here.
So many excellent changes, keep up the amazing work everyone involved! I'm off to upgrade my client! 🏃♂️
You just planted 0.17 tree(s)!
Thanks to @sc-steemit
We have planted already 3954.56 trees
out of 1,000,000
Let's save and restore Abongphen Highland Forest
in Cameroonian village Kedjom-Keku!
Plant trees with @treeplanter and get paid for it!
My Steem Power = 19073.04
Thanks a lot!
@martin.mikes coordinator of @kedjom-keku
I'm finally beginning to play catch up on Gridcoin so I'm glad to see this, and hope to be back on the train soon.
Hi @barton26, I'm @checky ! While checking the mentions made in this post I found out that @foggyx420, @barton2526 and @pythonix don't exist on Steem. Maybe you made some typos ?
If you found this comment useful, consider upvoting it to help keep this bot running. You can see a list of all available commands by replying with
This is spam and 100% incorrect ,they need a downvote although the trolls would abuse it and then people whom want to look big and talk all big and shut up others would downvote in order to silence users.. Thank god steemit doesn't have any features to mute or " hide " comments and posts...
The only thing that the bot mentioned that was actually in the post was @pythonix
Actually when I initially posted, it included the errors for ifoggz and myself. I edited them to match the steem usernames. The bot was not incorrect when it posted.
I just released a Gridcoin review, I would appreciate it if you take a look and give me your thoughts.
you just received a 22.01% upvote from @steemhq - Community Bot!
Wanna join and receive free upvotes yourself?
steemhq.witnesson Steemit or directly on SteemConnect and join the Community Witness.
This service was brought to you by SteemHQ.com
Is there any chance of getting the installers signed?