"Would you keep the old maid?" he asks, not looking up from the butterfly he holds on his finger. "She has been of use to us. Possibly she still has another year or two in her. I just hate to throw her out before I have gotten all that I can from her."
Peter stood, perturbed by the thought of having to throw a woman of eighty-five onto the street. It was going to be him if he suggested she stay on until her life is called on by the higher powers. What if he were in her position? What would she do?
"Excuse me?" he says. "Were do you think you are going?"
"Oh daddy," his daughter says as she whirls to face him before being able to sneak out the front door, "I told you about the party. You agreed to it weeks ago."
Freewrite brought to you by @mariannewest
If you would like to find out what freewriting is all about, go here.
If you are enjoying my work -
- Upvote my posts through steem auto and add the other people and groups you would like to support.
- The Most Dangerous Writing App - This program keeps me from getting to bogged down with what I think is the perfect way. It forces me to keep writing no matter what comes to mind.
- Grammarly - I use this app all the time to catch my mistakes. If I didn't have a spell checker, you would be lost in my world. haha!
- Hemmingway App: Another useful tool to help you make your writing more clear, comprehensive, and easier to understand.
- Steem World: After the @ symbol, enter your name or anyone elses name to see a host of information regarding what is going on with an account.
- Pixabay: Photo that you can use freely in your blog posts.
My Completed Freewriting prompts:
|Ongoing Stories||Numbered in Order of Story's Progression|
|Detective Story||#1 Trolley #2 Flea #3 Awakening|
|Suspense/Horror||#1 Late #2 Banana #3 Paper #4 Tree #5 5 #6 Home Alone #7 Doctor’s Office|
|The Stall||#1 Medium #2 The Stall #3 The Stall #4 Mice #5 Detective #6 Homeless #7 Eyebrows #8 40 Percent Off #9 One Year #10 The Stall|
|Church||#1 Church #2 Ornate #3 Chips #4 State|
|#52 Caterpillar||#85 Wildflower|
|The Crooked Umbrella||The Picture||The Chair That I’m Strapped To||A Common Ending|
|Withdrawal||Richard’s Surprise||The Trap||Canyon Making You Crazy?|
|The Hawk||Emerge from the Depths||Marjorie's Alcohol Problem|
|We-writes (collaborations with community members)|
|Monster||Eagle Scout 1st Entry: 2nd Entry: 3rd Entry|