You are viewing a single comment's thread from:

RE: Is Steemit Truly Censorship Proof? (Discussion Encouraged)

in #forum8 years ago

When battling confirmation bias on the Steem platform there is a wild card. On most platforms all votes are considered equal, but that's not the case here on Steem. So even though you might be pandering to the majority to gain the most votes, it only takes one large staked individual that shares your particular view to create a windfall.

So even though you might be battling against insurmountable opposition here on Steem when posting against the subject at hand, if you are true to your convictions it only takes a few other people who share your opinion to financially benefit.

In the future it could end up that a lot of reasonable and intelligent people might gain a lot of Steem Power, due to their consistently good responses and excellent writing skills. So if you're in a channel battling against 50 flat earthers and you feel overwhelmed, likely the people who do support you with upvotes will have more weight to their votes.

Sort:  

That's a very good, well thought out point. I'm looking into botting and brigading/flagging next, and I was wondering if you could weigh in or give me some research pointers for my next post, as I'm a new user unfamiliar with this networks "meta" and etiquette. My plan is to make this sort of a runnign series as I look more into the strengths and weaknesses of Steem compared to traditional social networks and things like Diaspora and ZeroNet

Coin Marketplace

STEEM 0.17
TRX 0.15
JST 0.029
BTC 56991.40
ETH 2350.63
USDT 1.00
SBD 2.40