The Forbidden City in Beijing is the royal palace of the Ming and Qing Dynasties in China. It was formerly known as the Forbidden City and was the place where the emperors of the Qing Dynasty lived.
Located in the center of Beijing's central axis, the Forbidden City is the essence of ancient Chinese palace architecture. In 1406, it was built by Emperor Zhu Xi of the Ming Dynasty. Until 1924, the Emperor of the Emperor of the Emperor went to the palace, and 24 emperors lived there.
The name of the Forbidden City is not born, nor is it called after liberation. In 1924, Feng Yuxiang launched the "Beijing Coup", expelling Pu Yi from the palace, and at the same time establishing the "Clean Room Aftercare Committee" to take over the Forbidden City.
On October 10, 1925, the Palace Museum was officially opened and opened to the public. After 1925, the Forbidden City was called the "Forbidden City."
01, why is it called the Wumen?
The Meridian Gate is the main entrance to the Forbidden City. The ancients used the compass stator in the direction of the noon, with the "child" as the north and the "noon" as the south.
The south is noon, so it is called the Wumen. However, the compass is affected by geomagnetism, and the direction is more than 2 degrees from the south, so the gate is not the south.
- How many door nails are there in the gate of the Forbidden City?
"Nine" is the extreme of the number of positive numbers, so there is a saying that "the ninety-nine is one", especially the reverence of the ancient Chu people. Almost all of the Forbidden Palace gates use 81 nails in nine horizontal and nine vertical. The number of door nails has a direct relationship with the status. Like the slightly lower status of the Prince's House, it is vertical and horizontal, and the Shizi House is vertical and horizontal.
There are rumors that Donghuamen used the vertical nine horizontal and eighty-eight door nails, also because the Prince often came in and out.
For Donghuamen, there is one less than the other gates of the Forbidden City. It is also said that Li Zicheng’s uprising captured Beijing in the late Ming Dynasty. The Chongzhen Emperor escaped from the Donghuamen Canghuang, and went to Jingshan, after the Shenwumen, and was sent to the east after his death. It was parked outside Huamen for a long time, and no one was taken. After the Qing army entered the customs, Donghuamen felt unlucky, so he took off a crossbar.
- The architecture of the Forbidden City is not all Chinese style?
In the northwest of Wuying Temple, there is an Arab-style building "Bud Detang", which is said to be the Turkish bath left in the Yuan Dynasty. It was used as the emperor's fasting place in the Ming Dynasty. The emperor of the Qing Dynasty set Wuying Hall as the Imperial Book Office. For printing books, steamed and smoked paper. Visitors are now banned from entering the area.
- It is said that there are 9999 half houses in the Forbidden City?
For a long time, there have been rumors in the capital that there are 9,999 and a half houses in the Forbidden City. In fact, this is an inaccurate statement. (The ancients counted a room by two pillars, and the room on the left side of Wenyuan Pavilion had fewer pillars, so it was only half a room.)
The Forbidden City covers an area of 720,000 square meters (length 961 meters, width 753 meters), construction area of about 150,000 square meters, with 1 million migrant workers, a total of 14 years. According to the 1973 expert site survey, there are more than 90 large and small courtyards in the Forbidden City, and there are 980 houses with a total of 8,707 rooms.
- The Hall of Supreme Harmony (Golden Temple) is not the place where the emperor went to the political office.
The emperors of the Ming and Qing Dynasties often performed the imperial court in the Taihemen, Ganqingmen or in the emperor’s palace, and the greatest use of the Taihe Temple was to hold major ceremonies, such as the annual New Year’s Day and the Longevity Festival. The emperor's birthday), as well as welcoming foreign pilgrimages.
- Where is the embassy waiting for the waiting room before the pilgrimage?
In the grand ceremony, the emperor will wait in the Zhonghe Hall, wait for the officials to be ready in the Hall of Supreme Harmony, then proceed from the Zhonghe Temple, through the back door of the Hall of Supreme Harmony, and enter the hall from behind the throne of the emperor.
07, why is the Yunlong stone step behind the Baohe Temple?
Yunlong stone carving is the largest stone carving in the Forbidden City, carved from a single piece of stone. It is 16.57 meters high, 3.07 meters wide, 1.7 meters thick and weighs more than 200 tons. In the stone carving, there are nine dragons and five floating mountains, meaning: the ninety-five. The right to represent the emperor is supreme and unassailable.
When the Queen and Prince were booked in the Ming Dynasty, the emperor would be congratulated at the Baohe Hall. In the Qing Dynasty, the Baohe Temple was the place where a grand banquet was held. The highest level of the Imperial Examination was held here. Therefore, Yunlong stone carving is here, and there is nothing wrong with it.
- How did the scratch of the sheet metal copper cylinder come from?
The gold and bronze cylinders in the Forbidden City were cast during the Qianlong period of the Qing Dynasty. The main function is to put water into the fire.
There are still 18 survivors, each weighing 2 tons, and sheet metal (sheet metal) 100 two.
It is rumored that when the Eight-Power Allied Forces entered Beijing, the gold on the gold-plated copper cylinder was scraped off with a saber, so we now see that the scratches on the big cylinder are left by the bayonet.
- There is an arrow on the plaque of Longzong.
Long Zongmen is on the west side of Ganqingmen and on the south side of the military aircraft. It is said that the Jiaqing Emperor was not at home in the late Qing Dynasty. Tianli taught to enter the palace and stayed until the Longzong Gate. Although this rebellion was solved by the second emperor Mian Ning (later Daoguang Emperor), it made Jiaqing very shocked. Therefore, this arrow is left as a warning.
The arrow is on the left side of the word "Zongmen". Because the flat amount is too high and the arrow is too small, it is not easy to be photographed.