• 100 gm. flattened rice/poha
• 2 tablespoons Cooking Oil
• 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
• 2 pinches of asafoetida (asafoetida)
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 /3 green chillies
• 0ne tablespoon of finely chopped Coriander
• One finely chopped Tomato, potato, handful groundnuts (optional)
• Freshly grated coconut, finely chopped coriander and lemon wedges.
Take one 100gm of flattened rice and soak them in a strainer for 10 minutes and allow the water to pass until the rice flakes become fluffy and soft . Mix it with cut coriander and keep aside.
Heat 2 table spoons of oil, in a frying pan.
Once the oil is heated up add mustard seeds, asafoetida ( hing), turmeric , green chillies and curry leaves.
Once the seeds splutter add onions, and fry them until they become and translucent.
Add salt to taste and one teaspoon sugar and sauté them evenly. Add diced tomatoes and potatoes and groundnuts as per your choice.
Once the veggies are cooked, add the softened rice and mix well.
Let it rest for 2 minutes
Garnish it with fresh grated coconut and a squeeze of lemon.
Let me know what you think about Indian cuisine, if you ever have doubts, questions , I'll definitely try to help you out.
Don't forget to follow me @slayer