Besan Omelette | New Season | Cooksmart | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
1½ cups gram flour (besan)
6 garlic cloves
½ inch ginger
2 green chillies
½ tsp roasted cumin seeds
A few fresh mint leaves
A few sprigs of fresh coriander leaves
½ tsp turmeric powder
Salt to taste
A pinch asafoetida
1 tsp chaat masala
¼ tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
Oil to cook
100 gms cottage cheese (paneer)
100 gms processed cheese
- Place gram flour in a bowl. Grind garlic, ginger, green chillies, roasted cumin seeds, mint leaves, coriander leaves with little water to a fine paste.
- Add this paste to gram flour along with turmeric powder, salt, asafoetida, chaat masala and carom seeds. Add sufficient water and whisk to a smooth and thick batter.
- To make the omelette, heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and rotate it so that oil coats the entire pan. Pour a ladle of batter and spread evenly.
- Grate cottage cheese and cheese into another bowl.
- Flip the omelette and let the other side cook. Place some cottage cheese and cheese mixture in the center of the omelette. Sprinkle a little salt and fold into half. Cook turning sides till both sides are lightly golden.
- Place on a serving plate and serve hot with a sauce of your choice.
Resteemed your article. This article was resteemed because you are part of the New Steemians project. You can learn more about it here: https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@gaman/new-steemians-project-launch