Paneer Tikka | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana
400 grams cottage cheese (paneer), cut into 1 inch cubes
1 teaspoon oil + for basting
3 tablespoons gram flour (besan)
2 teaspoons carom seeds (ajwain)
1 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
Salt to taste
2 tablespoons red chilli paste
½ cup hung yogurt
½ tablespoon mustard oil
1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) powder
1 large green capsicum, cut into 1 inch cubes
1 large red capsicum, cut into 1 inch cubes
2 medium onions, cut into 1 inch cubes and layers separated
Green chutney for serving
Onion rings for serving
Lemon wedge for serving
Fresh mint sprig for garnishing
Chaat masala for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 180° C.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a non-stick pan. Add gram flour and sauté for 8-10 minutes. Add carom seeds and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Transfer in a bowl.
- Add chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, chilli paste and hung yogurt and mix well. Add mustard oil and dried fenugreek leaves powder and mix well.
- Add cottage cheese cubes and mix lightly. Add mixed capsicum cubes and onion and mix again. Set aside to marinate.
- Skewer the marinated cottage cheese and vegetables alternatively onto satay sticks till all the ingredients are used.
- Place them on a baking tray, put the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, basting with some oil.
- Place tikkas on one side of the serving platter, place green chutney, onion rings and lemon wedge on the other side and garnish with a mint sprig.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala over the tikkas and serve hot.
Resteemed your article. This article was resteemed because you are part of the New Steemians project. You can learn more about it here: https://steemit.com/introduceyourself/@gaman/new-steemians-project-launch