Can you imagine how I missed my SundayCook??
Last weekends have been kind of busy, and that is great!! But not having nothing cooked during the week is pretty annoying...
After a double celebration, on last Saturday (Benfica win fourth straight Portuguese title and Salvador Sobral won the Eurovision Song Contest, I only had mental availability to decide what to prepare on Sunday after some recipe search yesterday morning (to get inspired)!
I didn't get only inspiration, I get the recipe from this blog.
(Wish me luck, it's the first time!)
This Sunday I cooked 'Pork loin in the oven with apple'
- 1.4 kg/pork loin
- 100 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- Oregano (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 3 red apples
- 1 tablespoon yellow sugar
- 1 large onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the pork loin in a glass bowl and season with salt, nutmeg, black pepper, oregano, some olive oil, unpeeled crushed garlic, honey and white wine. It was let to marinate about 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Place the pork loin in a baking trail. Peel the apples cut them into cubes and place in a frying pan with the onion cut into thin round slices. Add olive oil til get the fund covered. Add the sugar and bring to low heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add this mixture over the pork loin.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and put in the oven about 2 hours (or until golden brown). Occasionally drizzle the pork loin with the sauce.
It's ready to serve!!
I served it with white rice and cabbage.
Strawberry dessert (grandma easy recipe)
You'll only need fresh strawberries and sugar (I used yellow sugar)
First, you must cut the strawberries and add the sugar (1-2 tablespoons)
Refrigerate about 3-4 hours
It's ready when the strawberry juices are released!!
Hope you enjoyed it!!
I will come back with another Sunday cook delicious :D Stay tuned!!
What is Sunday Cook?!
These Sunday Cook project began with a strong will to contribute to Steemit with my personal view of Portuguese cuisine. I really believe we have plenty of good food. I'm not a professional or nothing similar, but I can assure that I'll do my best! On Sundays, I like to prepare more elaborate and delicious food. It requires time and patient. Usually, I cook some traditional Portuguese food, or at least with Portuguese inspiration :) I try to do it in a healthier way, using the minimum fat as possible, and normally I pick some recipe and transform it. During the week I don't like to spend much time cooking (no time at all), that's why I get totally motivated to cook on Sundays!!