My first try at candied pecans and they are so yummy! I am eating them as I write this:) I just happened to have all the ingredients. Recipe at the bottom!
- Preheat oven 275 degrees & line baking sheet with tinfoil or parchment paper. Put a little butter or oil down so they won’t stick.
- Wisk 1 lrg egg white until foamy, add tsp of vanilla extract. Mix well and set aside.
- In a second bowl mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 3/4 tbsp cinnamon, a 1/4 tsp nutmeg and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add 3 cups pecans to egg mixture and make sure they are all evenly coated. Then add the dry ingredients to the pecans. Again make sure they are all evenly coated.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake for 30 to 35min. Flip them at 15/17 minutes. Let cool for a couple minutes and enjoy!