This is an amazing vegan cheesecake I made today for my friend's birthday. It's made of millet and desiccated coconut. I am very happy that I found an alternative for the nuts version if vegan cheesecake. The taste was just awesome and preparation very easy. Herman is not on the picture as he has a day off today:).
- 1 cup (200g) millet
- 4 cups (each 200ml) plant based milk
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 200g raw cocoa butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 banana
- any sweetener to adjust the taste
(I used xylit)
- juice of half lemon
- In a medium size pot cook the washed millet in the plant milk for about 20min.
- When the millet absorbs all the milk add the rest of ingredients and blend them untill smooth.
- Pour the dough into a cake pan (about 28cm diameter) and let it cool down.
- Sprinkle the top with desiccated coconut.
- Place it in to the freezer for about 1hour.
- Serve cold and enjoy :)