Focaccia Bread Recipe | Full Video Recipe|
I love homemade baking especially at the morning when you start your day with a bread baking smell at your kitchen with thyme and garlic, just try it and you'll be so happy with these lovely mixed smell. Focaccia bread is so delicious and easy to make don't be afraid to be generous with olive oil the more you add olive oil the more you'll have a mushy bread.
Prep time: 20 mins
Baking time: 25 mins
4 cups all purpose flour (500 grams)
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 cup warm water
5 cherry tomatoes
1 tablespoon green thyme
2 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
2 clove garlic
- In a large bowl, place all the dough ingredients and knead until the dough elastic soft , form the dough as a ball, grease with olive oil then cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel.
- Allow dough to rest in a warm place for 50-60 minutes.
- Dust the table with flour, then spread the dough as a shape of rectangle, about 4 cm high thick.
- Move the dough to a tray covered with parchment paper or paint with olive oil.
- Make a small holes in the loaf with your fingers.
- Cover the dough to rest for another 40 minutes.
- Crushed the garlic then pour above 2 tbsp of olive oil, cut the tomatoes into two parts.
- After 40 minutes, into loaf press with you fingers the previous shape.
- Grease the surface with garlic oil mixture, you can add more(the more olive oil the more mushy bread) then sprinkle thyme and trample tomatoes into the loaf.
- Bake in preheated oven 220°C for 20 - 25 mins.
Thanks for stopping by