Wok away... Scampi and veg
It has been a while since I have shared my other hobby with you and since we had the inlaws visiting I thought I would share a bit of my Cooking skills with you all
We eat a lot of vegetarian but we are not vegetarian or vegan. I personally think one should eat healthy and that is mostly vegetarian but once in a while I will really enjoy a nice Steak and more often a fine piece of fish. So here was it was no different.
I prepared a Scampi Wok with loads of vegetables
here is what I used but you can vary as much as you like to your own taste and would also be nice with Chicken or just with the vegetables alone.
- 20 Scampi
- 3 paprika (yellow, red, green)
- big red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 zucchini
- 1 aubergine
I have the process you can follow with pictures but I will explain them step by step here as well.
- You start by washing and then cutting everything into pieces.
- Boil water and add the bags of rice
- The first thing that goes into the wok is the oil and once that is hot you add the onions and the garlic and fry them until glassy.
- Then you add the scampi and fry them until not glassy.
- Generously add pepper and curcuma
- Add the paprika
- After a minute or 2 add the Zucchini and the Aubergine (and a bit of soy sauce)
- Fry it up and let it simmer for a few minutes
- Take the rice out of the water after 8 min instead of 12 and let it drip out (I have an original system as you can see)
- Add the coconut milk and some lemon grass
- Add the rice and let simmer for 5-10 min on low heat
- Serve and enjoy