Fabulous Freelancer Foodie Recipe: Turkey Burger
If you’re looking for a flavorfully filling meal, be it for lunch or dinner, then make this turkey burger recipe!
Note: This is adapted from a recipe by Reed Alexander which appeared in the May 14, 2012 issue of People.
• 3 tablespoons of chopped Italian parsley
• 2 tablespoons of a chopped carrot
• 1 tablespoon of a chopped yellow onion
• 1 lb. lean ground turkey
• 2 egg whites
• 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
• ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
• 1 teaspoon of pepper
• Cooking spray
• 4 whole gran buns
• Toppings according to preference
- Place the parsley, carrot, and yellow onion into a food processor and slightly pulse them together for about a minute.
- In a bowl, mix the Worcestershire sauce, eff whites, salt and pepper, and the turkey together.
- Add in the parsley/carrot/yellow onion mixture.
- Separate the completed mixture into 4 patties, and place them in the refrigerator to chill for 15 minutes.
- While the turkey is chilling, preheat the grill to medium and spray it with the cooking spray.
- Grill each turkey patty for 5 to 6 minutes, rotate a quarter turn, then cook for 4 to 5 minutes more.
- Flip the turkey patties over and cook for a final 5 to 7 minutes.
- Place on buns and serve with preferred toppings. Suggestions include lettuce, tomatoes, and sliced mozzarella cheese.